I'm Almost Insulted--LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Almost Insulted--LOL

First off I have to thank the wonderful people that make up this community. Our lawyer told us we were the most prepared and fastest case she had ever done in 20 years of BK law. That reflects directly on the kind people of this board whose advice I read for months before filing.
    Our 341 was today and we were very nervous and arrived 1/2 hr early to see some other cases. EVERY case got a standard set of questions and then some questions about their assets in particular. When our turn came we got the standard questions ( schedules correct?, read the info sheet? stuff like that) and then NOTHING else. We were the ONLY ones that got no other questions. I guess we were well prepared in our paperwork AND have nothing to take--lol!
    60 day club here we come!! Thanks to everyone here.........

Congrats! Ours was last week and just as easy, thanks to everything I learned here.

Comment

Congratulations depeche3, or is that depeche toi? Or trois? Now I am confused. :j

C'est la vie!
      11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
      02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
      08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
      09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Congrats depeche3 and txreboot.

empowered, I guess it's trois. The part I'm confused is why it's pronounced as "twah"
        Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Congratulations Depeche and txreboot. Glad to here your 341s went well. I'll be joining you in the 60-day club later today. I hope I will be insulted today by the trustee not asking me any questions!
          Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
          341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
          Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Congrats bith of you. Hope to join you next month!
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

It was pretty funny actually. The trustee would go through her standard questions and then look at her laptop to ask about things specific to each person's case. My wife and I sat there kind of stunned when we were excused without any other questions. It was very ANTI-climatic after worrying forever about it. I hope everyone's goes as smooth.

Comment

depeche3 ....congrats....LOL!!! sorry you got disappointed...but usually when you don't lie and you have all your paperwork...ur good to go!
                It was very ANTI-climatic after worrying forever about it. I hope everyone's goes as smooth.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by depeche3 View Post
                  First off I have to thank the wonderful people that make up this community. Our lawyer told us we were the most prepared and fastest case she had ever done in 20 years of BK law. That reflects directly on the kind people of this board whose advice I read for months before filing.
                  Our 341 was today and we were very nervous and arrived 1/2 hr early to see some other cases. EVERY case got a standard set of questions and then some questions about their assets in particular. When our turn came we got the standard questions ( schedules correct?, read the info sheet? stuff like that) and then NOTHING else. We were the ONLY ones that got no other questions. I guess we were well prepared in our paperwork AND have nothing to take--lol!
                  60 day club here we come!! Thanks to everyone here.........
                  Wellll, if you really want some more questions...

1) What brand of toothpaste do you use?
                  2) Please list all checking account transactions for the past 2 years...

Just joking.....Congratulations! Welcome to the 60 day club!
                  Filed: 6/30/2010
                  341: 7/26/2010
                  Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Wonder if you were a trustee, wonderingrov
                    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Sounds Good depeche3, ...just wondered, how many years tax returns did you need to bring?

Comment

Ryan

I did not need to bring anything except my IDs. I only had to file my 09 return with the court which my lawyer did when she filed.

Comment

we didn't bring a single one...all that information was supplied to the court prior to the 341.

however, i have seen on this forum posts that say the trustee they had asked every single person for them....maybe it depended on whether they went state or fed...i have NO clue.

we supplied everything prior to the 341...3 years of our 1040's over 1 year of bank statements...and i still brought everything with me...even tho i was told by the atty not too...just incase...but we were asked for nothing as far as paper work.
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
                            Wonder if you were a trustee, wonderingrov

No, but after all I've learned about bankruptcy through the process, maybe it's time to consider a career change.....lol.
                            Filed: 6/30/2010
                            341: 7/26/2010
                            Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

I had mine yesterday, and I swear it was only like 90 seconds. Wierd, trustee never asked for bank statements, just tax returns and proof of my UI benefits.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X