post 341 paranoia....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post 341 paranoia....

ok, we had our initial 341 for ch7 back in june, the trustee requested more clarification on some interest from our tax return among other things...so he adjourned us until august to provide the info. the trustee sent notification we had to be at the adjourned meeting (the attny said we'd mostlikely not have to go unless we got the notice meaning the trustee probably had more questions for us). we went for the meeting on the 18th and when the trustee called our names, he looked at our attny and said "i've got all i need, you can go". our attny then said "we'll be in touch" and we left. it's been almost two weeks and we haven't heard anything from the trustee or the lawyer. i will be calling them this week to follow up, but i'm curious to know where we are now in the process......anyone have a clue?

Have you checked pacer?

Comment

no, i have not....i don't know what i'm doing with that......

Comment

It looks difficult at first because of the older web format.

Type in www.pacer.gov
        Select Register
        Select Pacer - Case Search Only Registration
        Select online - Pacer Registration Form
        Fill out registration and submit. If you can use a credit card or debit card then I think they will send you your login and password via email right away.

Once you have your login and password information.
        Go back to www.pacer.gov
        Select Find a Case
        Select Individual Court Pacer websites
        Find your Court district and Select
        Select District of ***** Document Filing System
        That should bring up the login page.
        Login
        Select Query
        Use Case number if you know it otherwise you can search via name and SS.
        I normally ONLY enter case number and select run query. The system automatically takes that information and brings up the case.
        At this point I would Select Status.
        Be aware that Pacer will charge you a minimum of 8 cents for each search and it will cost at least 8 cents to check status. If you want to read documents it will charge more, but it should always tell you how much it will cost beforehand. I also think Pacer will not charge your card until you reach a minimum of 10 dollars. When you register for Pacer it should explain on the costs.
        I hope this helps and if anybody sees a mistake or additional information feel free to add on this.

Comment

I found this on pacer website about the fees.

"Access to court documents costs $0.08 per page. The cost to access a single document is capped at $2.40, the equivalent of 30 pages. The cap does not apply to name searches, reports that are not case-specific and transcripts of federal court proceedings.

By Judicial Conference policy, if your usage does not exceed $10 in a quarter, fees for that quarter are waived, effectively making the service free for most users."

Comment

still confused...

i checked pacer, and under status, it says "Awaiting 341 Meeting 05/20/2010"

there is no other info there...and i'm really confused now since we had our 341 meeting already.....

Comment

just got notice in mail yesterday that the discharge happened! info on pacer not updated tho? strange glitch?? still said awaiting 341...

Comment

great news deedee! congrats!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations on your discharge!!!
                  Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                  341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                  Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Wow, this is great info, thanks for taking the time to post these steps

Originally posted by TexasEagle View Post
                    It looks difficult at first because of the older web format.

Type in www.pacer.gov
                    Select Register
                    Select Pacer - Case Search Only Registration
                    Select online - Pacer Registration Form
                    Fill out registration and submit. If you can use a credit card or debit card then I think they will send you your login and password via email right away.

Once you have your login and password information.
                    Go back to www.pacer.gov
                    Select Find a Case
                    Select Individual Court Pacer websites
                    Find your Court district and Select
                    Select District of ***** Document Filing System
                    That should bring up the login page.
                    Login
                    Select Query
                    Use Case number if you know it otherwise you can search via name and SS.
                    I normally ONLY enter case number and select run query. The system automatically takes that information and brings up the case.
                    At this point I would Select Status.
                    Be aware that Pacer will charge you a minimum of 8 cents for each search and it will cost at least 8 cents to check status. If you want to read documents it will charge more, but it should always tell you how much it will cost beforehand. I also think Pacer will not charge your card until you reach a minimum of 10 dollars. When you register for Pacer it should explain on the costs.
                    I hope this helps and if anybody sees a mistake or additional information feel free to add on this.
                    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X