Just returned from 341!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just returned from 341!

We had our 341 today at 11 and what an adventure! First off, I couldn't find my SS card. I had it when we filed and I last saw it about 2 weeks ago but this morning it was MIA. I still had the card with my maiden name on it so I grabbed it and our marriage certificate and began praying because things were going wrong already. We arrived at the court house at 915 but we weren't scheduled to meet our attorney until 1030. I thought that we would be able listen to other cases but they hold the 341's in a conference room, so they only call a few cases in the room at a time. We sat in the waiting area and I was timing people to see how long they were in the rooms with the Trustee's.
    Our attorney arrived on time and he went over everything with us and then I told him about the social security card and he said that we would probably be continued because we had the Trustee that was very particilar. Prior to today I had to send him our tax return, bank statements from 3 months prior to filing, copies of vehicle titles, insurance documents and he wanted an itemized list of how we spent the tax refund we received. So I was really beating myself up at this point and my husband was not happy because I had been on his case about his social security card and DL(he loses everything). The Trustee was running behind so we didn't called in until 1115.
    There was one lady before us and he asked her some pretty basic questions and she was done in 5 minutes. Her attorney did get in trouble because he was texting on his cell phone. Then it was our turn, we handed our ID and SS card to his assistant and she looked them over and then sat them in front of him. He began asking us to verify our information and then began with the questions. Everything went smooth until he asked what we spent our tax return on; I know what we did with money(home repairs, car repairs, groceries, clothes and bills) but I was so nervous about the social security card that I fumbled the answer. So he asked us again and I was speechless. He got a little upset and said that we should know what we spent the money because we just received it in May. I told him that we received our refund in February and he looked at our tax return and it was signed and dated 5/4/2010! OMG I accidentally sent him the signed copy that I had to send to my school in order to get financial aid(i dated it for the day i faxed it to them not the date we originally filed). So i explained why that was dated for that day and he looked at our attorney and said we should have been better prepared! I thought for sure that we were going to get continued or dismissed. The Trustee asked a few more questions and then he looked at our ID's and SS card's, handed them back and concluded the meeting!
    Our attorney said we had nothing to worry about and that we did good, he said that that particular Trustee always gives some people a hard time and that he actually went easy on us. I am so glad that it is over and I can't wait until 11/12/2010-DISCHARGE DAY!

Oh and by the way, I came home double checked my old wallet and there was my social security! I was so nervous that I had been overlooking it the whole time; luckily the Trustee never noticed.
    FILED 8/05/2010
    REPORT OF NO DISTRIBUTION 09/14/2010
    DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 11/15/2010

Mine was this morning at 11 too! And I have the same discharge date as you.

Mine was pretty uneventful; lasted about 5-6 minutes. I got to watch about 5 other cases go before me so by the time my lawyer and I got up there I already knew what I was going to be asked. Only two issues came up; the quit claim deed that I signed earlier this year and back child support that is owed to me.

The lawyer told the trustee that I signed the quit claim deed as requested in my divorce papers which were final in January of this year; he told him that my ex-hubby still lives in the house so that took care of that issue. When asked about the back child support my lawyer stepped in again and told the trustee that the State's Attorney is currently handling my case but there's no guarantee if or when I'll ever see the money that I'm owed which is currently $10K. The trustee seemed content with that answer and concluded my meeting.

*Whew* I'm glad that's over with.
    Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
    9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
    Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Comment

Congratulations to you both and welcome to the 60-day club! Hopefully you'll get reports of no distrubtion soon. Mine came a day after my 341.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

I am hoping all will go well. I'll be stalking Pacer now!
        FILED 8/05/2010

Comment

Congrats to both of you.
          Welcome to the 60 day club!
          7/01/10 - filed!
          11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

I just checked Pacer(like I've been doing since 6am), it has been updated and it now reflect the Trustee Report of No Distribution! Now I can relax and enjoy my new club membership!
            For some reason I just couldn't relax until I made sure that Trustee was finished with us.
            FILED 8/05/2010

Comment

After reading your post I just had to go check Pacer; mine has been updated also!!! Whooo hooo!! Trustee Report of No Distribution!!!
              Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
              9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
              Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Comment

Congrats to you both. I love those two words--no distribution!
                Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Congrats to you both! Hopefully see you at the club soon
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

@ Stormy Congrats!

Thanks Kartoons19
                    FILED 8/05/2010

Comment

We had ours this morning and I think it went very well as well. I'm so glad that meeting is over! Hopefully, we will get the "no distribution" tomorrow as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X