341 in GA, anyone? I'm worried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in GA, anyone? I'm worried...

Mine is this Friday (in Newnan, if it makes any difference), for Chapter 7, and I'm a bit frazzled. My attorney and her assistant have told me, "Don't worry! It'll be quick and easy." I don't have anything, other than the debts in the petition, in my name. After reading the threads from other states, my worries have eased at bit, but is it the same routine everywhere? (Sorry, I'm a newbie at this, and I don't know of anyone who has ever filed before) How worried/stressed should I be?
    Filed 09/2010...341 10/2010...Discharged 12/2010!

Hi again heidi. I have filed, but not had my 341 yet. I did however attend 28 341's conducted by my trustee in preparation for my own so I knew what to expect.

So let's review...do you have anything to hide? Are you above median? Are you committing fraud? Is your attorney worried? Are you lying? And just in case, again, do you have anything to hide?

No? Then truly the 341s are that basic and simple and quick.

(hope you didn't mind my attempt at humor questioning there)
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

For over 95% of filers, the 341 Meeting is nothing but a "name, rank and serial number" meeting. It is uneventful and all hype. The few people that have trouble, have trouble with assets and other things. If you are under the median and no assets, there's nothing really to even get nervous about. Just answer the questions truthfully, and always answer "yes" or "no" and never elaborate.

When the 341 Meeting is over, you'll wonder why people are so nervous? It's because they come on line and read about the "horrors" that very very very very very few people go through, and think that's the gist of the 341 Meeting. If you were honest, you have nothing to worry about.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks so much! No assets, no lying, no fraud, no possible inheritance, and nothing to hide. I appreciate the attempt at humor. My attorney isn't worried...when we filled out the paperwork, she said it would be quick and easy, no creditors would probably attend because of my not owning anything, but I wasn't sure if she told everyone that, or not.

Comment

My filing was not that simple--lots of assets sold to feed myself and over $200K in unsecured debt. California System 2 so lots of exempt cash and other assets. Payments on debt owed to my mom. Coin collection. Lots and lots of details I sweated over for months.

My attorney told me to be prepared to answer questions on 3 or 4 things. I worried and prepared much more.

I got asked one non "name rank and serial number" question: How did you value your coin collection? (Which was one my attorney told me to expect.) That was it. Report of non-distribution was on PACER two days later.

My attorney told me my trustee was "easy going as long as all the forms are filed correctly." After the meeting she was disappointed that we had gone first so I didn't get to see what it was like with less competent representation. And that's another aspect--a good attorney also has seen all the TTs before.

Oh and creditors who know what they're doing NEVER attend. If a creditor wants more info, there are much better ways than disrupting the very fast moving 341 meeting schedule.
          12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
          8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
          9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

Originally posted by heidiheidi87 View Post
            Mine is this Friday (in Newnan, if it makes any difference), for Chapter 7, and I'm a bit frazzled. My attorney and her assistant have told me, "Don't worry! It'll be quick and easy." I don't have anything, other than the debts in the petition, in my name. After reading the threads from other states, my worries have eased at bit, but is it the same routine everywhere? (Sorry, I'm a newbie at this, and I don't know of anyone who has ever filed before) How worried/stressed should I be?
            I am a debtor - not a lawyer - and personally sat through 35 individual 341s to see 1st hand what they are like. I too am in the Northern District of Georgia.

Read the details here: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...e-are-my-notes
            Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

Comment

Thanks, gman! I feel much better now!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X