341 in Northern CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Northern CA

Our 341 meeting was just recently concluded sigh of relief! And, at the risk of repeating all the valuable advice from everybody, here are some personal notes.

Our meeting was delayed by almost an hour because of some "continuances" in the previous meetings, and we had come half an hour earlier than our schedule so we were able to hear quite a number of cases. It was a small room with the trustee sitting in front and the debtors/counsel sitting across when called up. Everyone else scheduled for that half hour was seated a few feet away, I'd say there were 25-30 chairs for waiting. There was a waiting room outside with more chairs, where other debtors had last minute discussions about their pending meetings. Some counsels represented more than one case.

A note about counsel: from what we've observed, if you are interested in hiring, it really pays to hire someone that is thorough, has a well-coordinated office staff, one you can trust to be on top of your case. Not to mention of course one whose counsel you can confidently trust. In one case, there was incorrect paperwork filed with the court, and the counsel was stumbling upon himself trying to explain the error made by his office.

For the most part however, meetings came and went smoothly: debtors swore under oath, trustee looked at ID and SS cards, asked a few questions (whether debtor read and understood the petition filed, whether anything has changed since the date of filing, anything she wanted clarified). In every single case the trustee had something to clarify with the debtor. Just one question at the very least. Maybe every case we viewed was unique or she really liked to know that we knew what we were filing.

I was anticipating questions about 2010 tax refunds (were we expecting any?) or reaffirming a secured credit account, neither came up. Ours must have been the most cookie-cutter interview of the bunch. We were fortunate, but I believe we owe it in large part to a well-drawn petition filed on our behalf. No paperwork was missing, none was questionable. The only questions asked of us pertained directly to us.

In this regard I am also very thankful for this forum and the many gentle souls that lent support and strength, and valuable answers to my questions. We are now, I believe, in the 60-day club. Yay

Congrats confident....sounds like your name says it all.
    Best to you.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Congrats confident!!!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
        Congrats confident....sounds like your name says it all.
        Best to you.
        Thank you! Yours is coming up - will send happy thoughts!

Comment

Hey oregon, keep us posted tomorrow will ya?
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Had mine in Nor Cal today too..glad it is over :-)
            Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
            341 10/7/10
            Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

How exciting! Congrats!
              Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Will definitely keep you all posted.
                Probably not while sitting with the trustee. That would be funny. Sorry My Trustee, i need to post this first before i answer your next question.

Thanks Confident, thanks Joe.
                Glad i worked today..really kept my mind occupied.
                Got a call from my attorneys office this morning to remind me of the meeting morrow day. She thought it was really funny that i had a countdown timer on my pooter.

I have been getting something drummed into my head ( for the last month) from my S.O. -----YES, NO, I DON'T KNOW. LOL

Comment

Good deal oregon...monosyllabic is good, no need to throw the thesaurus at the trustee....LOL. You'll be fine. I'll stand by for your post. Thoughts with you for a 75 second quickie!

Comment

wow...75 seconds sounds like a really LONG time.
                    My sweetie knows how my stories can go on N on N on....he's worried that i'm gonna talk the trustees ear off.
                    Specially if i'm nervous. ACK (bite that tongue)

I'm at 2pm (second in that slot)and there is only 2 in the 2-2:30 time slot. The one B4 me is pro se. So if they take 5 minutes then i get 25 minutes.
                    Last edited by oregonpilot; 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

No, you don't get 20 or 25 minutes. The trustee gets a 20 minute well deserved break. Keep in mind the trustee is going to be looking forward to taking a breather...so M O N O S Y L L A B I C...you can do it.

Comment

My goodness, that reminds me of our trustee who, because of the continuances, didn't really have a proper lunch break! Eek. Oh - and make sure you have a proper lunch - we don't want you passing out during the meeting of nerves and hunger! ;)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X