Holy shmoly its done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shmoly its done

WOW...Joe it WAS NOT 75 seconds. More like 15 minutes. But more about that in a minute.

The Pro Se B4 me wasn't even close to having it together. And she had driven from Coos Bay to RBG...2 hr drive and was 5 minutes late.
    BLANK Sched C's, Hadn't sent the stuff the trustee asked for, no SS card. Trustee asked where her card was and she said "oh, must be in my other purse"

Kind of interesting....the 3 pro se's that i watched, not one of them had anything on their Sched C. Listening to the trustee talking to my attorney about how unprepared the pro se's were. He was glad there were not too many today.

One of the pro se had filed joint w/hubby. Since they filed, they also filed for divorce. SO---HE was not there and had moved to another state. She was one of those with a blank Sched C so the trustee told her to call him tomorrow and he would help her fill out the schedule and she could refile it.

One of the people had a time-share with his x in CABO. Trustee was VERY interested in that. Did hear him telling one of the attorneys that he tried to sell someones condo down there and it was not too succesful.

He was actually pretty nice. He looked at my schedule's and asked me how anyone could wallpaper for 32 yrs. Then laughed.
    OK...first thing i did. TOTALLY fell apart. Sitting waiting i could fell things well up but kept telling myself. you can keep it together. Yeah right.

Lost it as soon as i sat down. No one else in the room but us 3. My attorney kept sayin..it will be ok. Trustee said that as soon as i was ready we could begin.
    VERY PATIENT.

Had plenty of q's for me. Wanted to know what i had for tools and how i values my tools of trade. Started listing ...levels, steamer, scaffolding, hammer. (my attorney piped in with laptop)
    OH MAN. Did i actually say i had a hammer.
    I claimed my tools as $800. and OR allows i think 2k for tools of trade. He wanted to know if i sold them could i get $800. Told him probably not. (I had a list of ALL my tools (with me) and when i bought them and for how much and what i thought they were worth) TOTALLY spaced that. Would have kept me from telling him i had a hammer. (LOL)

He asked about ALL my IRA's. Wanted to know why there were so many (5). Told him that every time i added money to an IRA they started a new acct #. Didn't think to say they were CD-IRA'S. So they all have different mature dates and different rates as to the time I added money.
    He wanted to know when i last added money to an IRA. SAid 2008..added $500.

Wanted to know if i had averaged my income & expenses over a 6 month or 12 month time period. Told him 6. IF i had known i could do it over a 12 month i would not have been worried so much about my medical expenses. (claimed $550. SCHED J)

OK. now i'm half way thru a blender full of margarita i can relaaaaaaxxxxxxxx.
    Last edited by oregonpilot; 10-08-2010, 03:09 PM.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Can you breathe now Oregon? I know your 341 was tough on you emotionally but reading it it sounds like everything went well. I'm glad that part is over for you and now the 60 day countdown to a new start can begin! Congrats and hope you enjoyed the margaritas!
    Filed 8/31/10
    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

oregon.....what a day!!! i'm sure you did JUST FINE....they know people are nervous...

now how many hammers you have??? LOL!!!

you'll be in the 60 day club in no time!!!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

thanks sunkship....i can breath, AND sleep. I closed my eyes around 5pm just for a bit and woke up around 2 am.
        Checked the forum and fell back to sleep till around 7:30.
        It was sure good to have a great attorney. Every Q i got, he was right on the page with the info pertaining to it.

Comment

thanks tobee. I couldn't believe my blather about the hammer. It is one of those little ones..$2.99

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
            thanks tobee. I couldn't believe my blather about the hammer. It is one of those little ones..$2.99
            LOL!!! i'm certain you did perfect!! and i'm certain it was really nice having a great atty sitting next to you after seeing the pro se filers.

NOT to say people can't do it themselves...this forum has some excellent pro se filers...NOT ME!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I know...first thing i thought was...if they had been reading here they would have been just fine and had something on their Sch C. LOL

In the beginning i thought i could do it myself (filled out all the schedules)...after looking at the paperwork from the atty's mine were not even close. Self-employed added some kinks. SOOOOO glad its done.

Comment

I know...first thing i thought was...if they had been reading here they would have been just fine and had something on their Sch C. LOL

In the beginning i thought i could do it myself (filled out all the schedules)...after looking at the paperwork from the atty's mine were not even close. Self-employed added some kinks. SOOOOO glad its done.

i'm sure you are...NOW....make certain you do not get addicted to PACER....lol!! you will hear soon enough. actually out atty's office call us and told us everything was good before we even got it in the mail.

Comment

Oregon, I'm tnrilled that your meeting went smoothly. Now just relax, hopefully you will get your no distribution report soon. Congrats! I am out of town but wanted to check on you. Be back on the board next week. Congrats again.
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Oregon, you say you hang paper with a hammer? Is this before during or after those blenders of Margaritas? I think I'll stick with paint (I hate paint).
                    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 10-09-2010, 05:07 PM.
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Nice to know you made it through, Oregon. Seems like most October 341s have been going smoothly. Congrats!
                      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

LOL. YUP. use the hammer when i don't have the $$$ to pay for paste. One of the requirements is though. i have to have the lights off. With the lights on, it takes away the challenge.

Was just thinking about that hammer....i do believe that i forgot to depreciate it on my taxes. :-)
                        Last edited by oregonpilot; 10-09-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks drowning---

After sleepin all day i am remembering some other Q's. His questionaire asked about divorced within 7 yrs. I answered no. He still wanted to know what yr i got divorced . Been 9 yrs. He seemed happy with that,,then asked if i was receiving any support from my x.

Asked about my bankstatement on day of filing. I had sent him a mini-statement. Went into my bank and had them run a statememt (mini) for everything including the day of filing.

The things that i was most worried about--monthly expenses. He didn't ask any questions about expenses.
                          $150. rent paid to S.O every month. Thought he might question why it was so low.
                          My $550. medical expenses per month. Not 1 question.

My atty had added on bottom of J that i anticipated even less income in the future due to less business and increase in bond and liability insurance.
                          Putting me at about -$800. Thought he may ask how i was going to make that work.
                          No Q's about that either.

He seemed to be pleased that my ID's were in hand and set on the table B4 being asked for. Most peeps were digging thru their purses and wallets trying to find them. Some people had 1099's for SS cards ,which was fine with him.

I guess another thing that surprised me, More than 50% of filers, this was not their first. One had last filed in 2002, he questioned what month. Was in may. Just making it under the 8 yr mark.
                          I can't imagine ever going thru this again.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                            Oregon, you say you hang paper with a hammer? Is this before during or after those blenders of Margaritas? I think I'll stick with paint (I hate paint).
                            you mean that's NOT the right way to hang paper???

Comment

Thanks drowning---

After sleepin all day i am remembering some other Q's. His questionaire asked about divorced within 7 yrs. I answered no. He still wanted to know what yr i got divorced . Been 9 yrs. He seemed happy with that,,then asked if i was receiving any support from my x.

Asked about my bankstatement on day of filing. I had sent him a mini-statement. Went into my bank and had them run a statememt (mini) for everything including the day of filing.

The things that i was most worried about--monthly expenses. He didn't ask any questions about expenses.
                              $150. rent paid to S.O every month. Thought he might question why it was so low.
                              My $550. medical expenses per month. Not 1 question.

My atty had added on bottom of J that i anticipated even less income in the future due to less business and increase in bond and liability insurance.
                              Putting me at about -$800. Thought he may ask how i was going to make that work.
                              No Q's about that either.

He seemed to be pleased that my ID's were in hand and set on the table B4 being asked for. Most peeps were digging thru their purses and wallets trying to find them. Some people had 1099's for SS cards ,which was fine with him.

I guess another thing that surprised me, More than 50% of filers, this was not their first. One had last filed in 2002, he questioned what month. Was in may. Just making it under the 8 yr mark.
                              I can't imagine ever going thru this again.
                              i know, it's a lot of stress and it's just unreal how it effects you.

you are almost at the "finish' line....not far to go until you have your "new" life and a "new" start"...it will be all worth it! promise!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X