341 Meeting - Finished before scheduled start - Brought Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting - Finished before scheduled start - Brought Kids

We just had our 341 meeting. It was scheduled for 1:15. We were in the first grouping held after lunch so everything seemed to be running on time. The room was empty (except for trustee and court reporter) when we walked in with our attorney at 1:00. The trustee immediately called us to the table. We were finished in about 6-7 minutes. We left as most people were just walking into the room. We were in the car and gone before our scheduled start time. We were asked about a dozen questions by our attorney. No problem. Then, the trustee began asking questions that we were not prepared for. They were simple questions and I had no problem answering them. They were mostly very specific questions about my former business operations (from 13 months ago). He also wanted to know if I planned to restart or reopen the business. I didn't think that the trustee would inquire about my former business since it was shut down about a year ago.

We brought our two small children as our childcare plans fell through at the last minute. Our attorney was totally fine with this. He said that we could wait outside of the room with the kids until it was our turn. But, we went first and walked right up to the table with the kids. They did very well - kept quiet. The trustee didn't seem to mind at all. I don't know what would have happened if our 2 - year old would have started crying or screaming.

Congrats! One more thing you can check off!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

congrats...and can't believe your 2 year old made it!!!

i know many people say DO NOT EVER bring your kids ever....well...there's two sides to that i think...child care is so expensive and like in your case your plans fell through. i would or could take the position that you could NOT afford the 10 dollars or more an hour for the child care and had no choice....so the trustee should hurry it up if they hate kids!!!

i mean what exactly is appropriate when we are totally broke and down and out??
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks keepinitreal and tobee43

I don't see any reason why bringing kids would be an issue unless they are just completely misbehaving. Just sit with them outside of the room until your name is called. Then, it is only a few minutes at the table. Let them sit in your lap. If you have to wait outside a long time then maybe you could bring games or something to play with. No one is going to care outside of the room. Anyway, it is not ideal to bring kids but if you have to it really isn't a problem. Perhaps there are trustees out there that would have an issue with it.

Just to add, we have never used daycare so that wasn't an option for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman60 View Post
          Thanks keepinitreal and tobee43

I don't see any reason why bringing kids would be an issue unless they are just completely misbehaving. Just sit with them outside of the room until your name is called. Then, it is only a few minutes at the table. Let them sit in your lap. If you have to wait outside a long time then maybe you could bring games or something to play with. No one is going to care outside of the room. Anyway, it is not ideal to bring kids but if you have to it really isn't a problem. Perhaps there are trustees out there that would have an issue with it.

Just to add, we have never used daycare so that wasn't an option for us.
          well....i'm so glad it all worked out for you...what a day you had indeed!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats ironman, glad it was smooth for you.
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congratulations Ironman! Glad to hear you had a smooth 341. Now sit back and relax.
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X