top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on --- Are you expecting to receive a tax refund this year? If so, how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
    Because I'm so anal, I have just printed out the 2010 tax calculator showing that I will owe about $1k next year. I will include that with the filing for the trustee, so that he will know that he will have no asset on a tax refund as we will be paying
    good idea..i would print out a copy if you can...just in case.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Just got back from the library where I printed out my copy that I will include with the filing...

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      good idea..i would print out a copy if you can...just in case.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I'm not expecting a refund this year. My trustee on the other hand is probably looking forward to whatever we overpaid this year. Its too late in the year to adjust our w2's to not get a refund.
        Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
        First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
        2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

Comment

If you have a wildcard, you can exempt your future tax return, if you have enough dollars in the wildcard

Originally posted by teddybeardj View Post
          I'm not expecting a refund this year. My trustee on the other hand is probably looking forward to whatever we overpaid this year. Its too late in the year to adjust our w2's to not get a refund.
          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

This is what I am doing...my lawyer says not to worry about it because in my state the trustee doesn't start pursuing people's refunds unless the filed after Jan. 1st, but since I am filing in Nov. it wont be an issue (lawyer has been at this a very long time, so i trust him). In addition, my full wild card exemption is still open (6K here in MD), so if the trustee does bark for it, i have plenty of room to exempt 95% of it, so i am good.
            Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X