Our Command Performance is Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Command Performance is Here!

OK - tomorrow morning is our 341. Nervous is an understatement, it's more like nauseus.

What can I say? Very few things in my entire life have gone according to plan, so I am naturally skeptical about how things will turn out. I'm rolling the dice and playing the odds and hoping for the best. Being in a 13, I sincerely want to pay my debt back, but the payment I'm being laden with is painful. I'm not trying to whine, I guess I'm just venting and scared. Why is it that more than 60% of Chapter 13s fail..?

The reality is that I wish for tomorrow to go off with my wife and I flying under everyone's radar. I just want to blend in to the background, have our meeting, not raise any eyebrows, and move on. It's lot like I'm hiding anything - our filing has got to be 75 pages total. It's all there.

I imagine it's normal to be scared no matter what - after all, as a control freak I am 100% not in control of what happens.

We're gonna suck it up, deal, and survive. This is the first step to the future. Thank God for this board!

--13for60
    Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
    341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Take a deep breath, and go in there with your head held high. Keep your answers short and sweet and don't offer any extra information unless the trustee asks for it. And be sure to come back and let us all know how it went. You'll do fine.

It's like they say, if you aren't hiding anything, then you have nothing to hide from
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

If you have not hidden anything, and answer the trustee truthfully, there should not be a problem. I know, living in a BK13 is not a picnic, but it is possible, and at the end (where I am), the rewards of having no debt to speak of far outweigh the sacrifices made. Just suck it up, do what is needed, and you will come out the other end in a lot better shape than you are at the moment.

John
      Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

This experience was surreal.

We showed up thirty minutes early. It was one big room with a desk towards one side and about 40 chairs. My attorney spotted us and took us outside for a quick chat. He wanted to make sure we knew what was going on there. No problem.

They were running late, and it didn't take long to see why. People are amazing - and for as much as I had me second thoughts with my attorney, seeing a few others in action made me feel a whole lot better! People didn't submit tax returns, others were going into a 13 paying 0% to unsecured creditors, but keeping a quad, boat, and fifth wheel. Our Trustee seemed to be a very reasonable man, but some of this stuff wasn't going to fly. He very gently objected and put it back on the attorney to try their "Best Efforts" again - see you next month.

So right before we got called, our attorney calls us outside and shows us a letter from AmEX that objected to the plan, citing specifically our child care expenses (we both work) and continuing education expenses (we both have medical licenses we have to have coned ro renew). Totally surprised me that day care expenses ($25 a day, four days a week - pretty cheap IMHO) were being called out as unreasonable. Whatver (Note to all: when you're back on your feet, stay away from AmEX).

Sure enough, when it was our turn the Trustee hit those questions, but never mentioned having been cc'd from AmEX (my attorney mentioned that he had been). We explained and he never batted an eye. We chatted about or 401(k) loans, the bulk of which mature in 2015, and that was it. He looked at our attorney and said, "No objections from me." Our interview lasted maybe ten minutes.

That's good, right?

--13for60
        341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

SOUNDS perfect!!!!!! congrats!!

but i had to chuckle when you said...
          13for60: and for as much as I had me second thoughts with my attorney, seeing a few others in action made me feel a whole lot better!
          makes us grateful for small favors... great! that atty's worse than THAT one..and mine is NOT as bad as that one!!

it really sounds it went smooth!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Ours was the only one even dressed professionally.

I am advised from my attorney's office that AmEX is most likely filing an objection. Does this mean I have to appear personally or is this something for the attorney/judge.AmEX to figure out.

These guys are fighting for $300/month for all the unsecured creditors. AmEX's share of that pie is like $40/month.

No other objections are expected.

argh!

--13for60
            341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Originally posted by 13for60 View Post
              Ours was the only one even dressed professionally.

I am advised from my attorney's office that AmEX is most likely filing an objection. Does this mean I have to appear personally or is this something for the attorney/judge.AmEX to figure out.

These guys are fighting for $300/month for all the unsecured creditors. AmEX's share of that pie is like $40/month.

No other objections are expected.

argh!

--13for60
              no usually your atty handled the ap's all by their lonesomes...you don't have to go to court normally. amex is terrible...they had us listed 4 times and we listed it like that on our petiton...the trustee even asked about it...i said...amex did this and i want no stone unturned so i listed just exactly like amex did....
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

So I imagine it is in the best interest of my attorney to settle this issue ASAP as it only costs him more out of my fee to spend a day driving 250 miles round trip to see the Judge is who is assigned to my case. Hmmm - I wonder how this will turn out..? Apparently AmEX has only a few days left to file their objection and are looking for an answer from us by Monday.

--13for60
                341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Wow 13for60! I file 10/06 and my 341 is on 11/22 in Northern CA.
                  I think my case is more complicated...real estate losses, deficiency and now Chase is chasing me, I meant offering me to keep my 2nd home which is way underwater.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X