Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Today

Hi, everyone,

I had my 341 meeting today. My daughter and I showed up 30 minutes early and I was the only pro-se filer there! The trustee wasn't mean but he wasn't friendly either. At least at first, LOL! I was called first and he asked me for my driver's license and social security card. Then proceeded to ask me a few standard questions. Then he asked how I filled out my forms and who helped me. I couldn't understand why he wanted to know that. I thought I was in some kind of trouble. I explained my daughter helped me fill out the forms. My daughter actually did most of the work. She figured out the exemptions, made sure the paperwork was all there, and filled it out.

I also explained that me an my daughter used a bankruptcy book to fill out the forms. For some reason my mind went blank on the books title! He kept asking what the book was, how much it cost and where I got it. I remembered the price and I finally said I got it off eBay. He shrugged and said okay. Then he asked where did I get the bankruptcy forms. I explained that I got them off the districts website. He kept repeating the question because I guess I wasn't answering with enough detail. I finally said my daughter could explain it better then me. He just smiled and said thank you I have no further questions. At that point my daughter half walked/half ran up to the trustee and explained about the book and the forms. Guess what he said. "Mrs. Hopkins you should be proud." Then he asked my daughter if she would like a job. My daughter started laughing and the trustee smiled and told us that he was surprised how well the petition was prepared and that filing under the new laws and getting the right exemptions was difficult. Then he told us to have a nice day.

We practically danced out the meeting. We felt such a sense of accomplishment that we were able to not only file the petition in a correct and timely manner but also getting complemented by the trustee was icing on the cake. That and the meeting lasted all of 10 minutes. Thank you all so much for your help and support. I guess I'm in the 60 day club.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se 10/05/2010
    341 Meeting 11/10/2010 ; I Survived!
    Discharged 1/11/2011 THANK GOD!!

Congratulations! Welcome to the club
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats!!!
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

GREAT job!!!!!! you should be so proud and happy for both YOU and your daughter...you raised her well!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks everyone! I feel such a sense of relief. The next 60 days worry me a little but I think that if any creditors were going to file objections that would have showed up at the 341. I hope that's the case.
          Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se 10/05/2010
          341 Meeting 11/10/2010 ; I Survived!
          Discharged 1/11/2011 THANK GOD!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X