debts not on my list of creditors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

debts not on my list of creditors.

I've already had my 341 meeting and received notice of no distribution. My problem is i have received collection letters from some of my creditors. When i looked back at my paperwork, my attorney left quite a few creditors off of the list(not my mistake for they were on the list i gave him). Can i still add these debts to my bankruptcy?

Yes, and contact your attny NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
      Yes, and contact your attny NOW.
      And review your paperwork before you sign anything!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by Slomaro29 View Post
        I've already had my 341 meeting and received notice of no distribution. My problem is i have received collection letters from some of my creditors. When i looked back at my paperwork, my attorney left quite a few creditors off of the list(not my mistake for they were on the list i gave him). Can i still add these debts to my bankruptcy?
        All good advice from those who know. Des is a lawyer as well. See this thread as in your 341, you under oath attested that you read and approved the forms. If you truly slipped up and missed the left out items, $26 fee to ammend those forms. They must be added to your matrix and informed. http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...asn-t-included

The Trustees can see through a lot of mistakes, but if they catch "constructive" bk, you can be sure they can be fairly vindictive. 'Hub
        Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 12-14-2010, 05:54 AM.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X