X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Tomorrow

Hi All
    Aside from the common sense advise:

Showing up on time, not walking in to the room wearing your 750 dollar Jimmy Choo shoes, or flashing your rock of a wedding ring on your outstretched hand holding your 300 dollar iPhone, telling your BFF you can’t find your 275 dollar hour lawyer, then slamming your 450 dollar Coach purse on the table in order to dig through it to find you don’t have your SS card, only to snap your gum while asking your Trustee to repeat their first question, and ending your interview with.. does this mean I get to keep my pink BMW?

Is there anything encouraging that could be told to a lil old pro se whose 341 is tomorrow at 10:00 am?

I would love to hear some hahaha stories (yours or others in your docket) – laughter helps me relax so I can take on that 5 to 7 minutes to freedom head on.

Oh and I am going to get good and drunk tonight so I look and feel my very best tomorrow morning JK – but I am going to check The Post website to see what time they open on a Wednesday.

For my non-Detroiters, The Post is a bar about a block and ½ way from the court house and directly across Joe Louis Arena and on a night of a Red Wing win you might get lucky and find a player or two behind the bar serving shots.

Also did any stick around to hear the interviews of the folks after them?
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

How was your 341 Desde?
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Update us on your 341.

Comment

To Be Continued..

Well.. It’s to be continued on 12.29 as I screwed up on my Schedule C, first I had the wrong USC codes listed and I am was a little confused over the life insurance policies for my two girls. She sent me upstairs to file the amended form. She did ask if I had any help filling out the forms, I said just me with help from the internet, she replied I thought so.

I filed out the amend Schedule C today – but with only my Blackberry as internet I want to review everything again and make sure I did it correct tonight and if I have to I will amend again.

But let me tell you.. she questioned just about everything on all the other folks before me. There was very little yes and no answers with her and everyone where up there for over 10 minutes apiece.

Her favorite questions:
        Are you expecting to inherit any money in the next six months?
        You paid child support or alimony?
        Have you ever file BK before?
        Have you ever sued anyone? Do you plan to do so within 6 months?
        Do you owe any relative? If so who and how much?
        Does anyone owe you money?
        If they had a foreclosed property – did they have access to the property? If they said yes she asked for their phone number and asked if she view the property if need.

She questioned value of property, vehicles and business tools (there were two people with snow removal companies) so she asked how much they paid for the plow as an example. She was tough, out of the 12 parties before – she continued three (including me – we’re all back on 12.29), she asked for a title of a car, and keep telling folks to speak up as everything was being recorded. So if you were in the room you really hear everyone’s business.

When you start she swears you in, asks you to state your name and address – after watching this a man after being sweared in just started to give his name – and she says… stop I haven’t asked you for your name yet.

Someone’s mother purchased a 29K Dodge Truck using a HELOC in 2009 they produced a promissory note that was dated for 11.2010 she said she believes they went on line and scripted it for the filing. She wanted to know who was driving the car – where it was - then it comes out the mother is 82 and the Trustee said is found hard to believe a 82 year old “wants” her Dodge Truck back.

Oh joy – lets home this no asset pro se can survive this Trustee.
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

ahhhhhhhhh....it will be ok....

you know...usually or maybe best said now ...sometimes if you go pro se some of the trustee's offices would advise you prior to your 341's there was an error...i guess now the courts are so full maybe they are no longer doing that, or maybe it depends on where you file.

i know it's a pain...but you'll be just fine, as long as you have the correct docs to back it all up...you'll be good to go!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

desdemona - you'll be fine on the 29th and this time you'll know what to expect. My trustee asked all of your 10-12 first questions, literally rattling them off high speed. A little funny thing (I filed pro se too) after I met with the trustee, I asked a cute little lady lawyer in the hallway (no disrespect to lady attorneys meant - she looked like she was all of 18 years old!) if I could ask her a tiny little legal question....she looked positively cornered - "deer in the headlights" look...and stuttered out "depends on the question" I just wanted to know how long I needed to wait to see if creditors showed. My 341 was at 1:30, it was 1:32, she told me to yell out "any creditors for chicagoannie"...there were none, so I got to leave right away.
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

Thanks all for the words of encouragement it’s nice to have great community to piSS and moan to.

This afternoon I did review some of the easier forms and doubled checked my creditors and verified all totals, I reviewed my budget and means test don’t see anything that shouldn’t raise any flags. That leaves my schedule B and C as well as my statement of financial affairs to review for tomorrow morning. If I need to change anything I still have time to drive downtown and submit an amend schedules. So if you see me posting about exemptions don’t be surprised.

I did have a little hahaha moment this morning, I was sitting in the larger bullpen as I got there at 9:30 and I was up till 10:00 and I hear “excuse me” I look up and pretty good looking guy asks “are you my lawyer Ashley?” So to someone else I looked like I knew what I was doing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X