Creditors present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors present

I have read many of the threads here and have realized that creditors really never show up. Have any of them actually attended and asked you questions? Were they were large banks or local creditors?

I read a LOT of threads before my own 341. Only time I remember creditors showing up was one local business owner and a few ex-spouses who were ripping angry. I sat through about 20 cases before I was called and not a single creditor showed.
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

I watched quite a few 341's the whole morning of "my day" , mine was in the afternoon.
      Creditors i saw were---a building contractor the debtor hired to build his 300k house and didn't pay, a landlord that said that the debtor totally trashed the apt before he left and a local tire store.
      ALL local stuff.
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

The bank that holds our HELOC showed up. They're also the same bank that holds our 1st mortgage. He didn't ask any questions though. Said he would talk to our attorney after the meeting, but never did. I'm not sure why he came. Maybe he just wanted to hear if we were surrendering our house or re-affirming (which we aren't)?

Comment

I had my 341 today, and the only one i saw was amex lawyer there.

Comment

i saw a creditor show up...we went to the table when the couple was called up to the trustee, i think i was a bank...however, he didn't say a word to either the couples atty or trustee...other than we would be filing an ap.....against these poor people.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

From my reading here, I find the most creditors who have shown to be, pizzed family members, spouses, vindictive enemies, friends who got jilted. CC's and banks rarely show. They put their objections into writing in the 60 days. I don't believe the creditor can directly address the bker. He might have liberty to address the Trustee as the Trustees usually check to see if any creditor is there for you and would then ask "do you have any questions?" That is what I've mostly read here.

On our 59th day my enemy filed his AP. Long story short, he's dead now. Don't blame me, he's the Atheist that believes in Karma. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

While waiting to be called I saw two debtors who were discharging mortgages encounter a lawyer for (I believe) FDIC (or another federal agency involved in failure/seizure of IndyMac). He seemed to be looking for evidence of fraud in the mortgage applications, and I think he elcited some. But these weren't typical of the 8 or so I watched.
                Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X