341 - Better than Reality TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discouraged,
    Good luck at your 341. You're plenty-well prepared so I'm guessing you'll have an experience similar to mine... one in which you just sit there with your jaw hanging around your knees in disbelief at some of the things people say. Based on what I saw, good documentation, truthfulness, preparation/ (honest) asset protection, and good cash management account for 99% of a fast and easy hearing. I'll reserve that other 1% for the benefit having of a little old lady deep in prayer nearby. You might have to bring that last ingredient yourself!

Love the fact that they specified your hearing was not an April Fool's Day joke. Maybe your trustee has a sense of humor!

Best of luck to you and everyone else who reads this thread in preparation for a 341. Thanks again to everyone who has shared their experiences on the forum.
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

It was the lawyers office that specified it was not a joke, lol. Actually I am worried about one thing but since no one has responded to my post about the bank charge off, I'm guessing I'll have to wait until Monday when I can get ahold of my lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
        Tobee - Yes and they specified THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE. Sounds kinda unlucky though, doesn't it? One of the reasons I treasure Peeps post. Will have to work harder to be prepared, lol.
        really???? that's kinda funny.....NO...it doesn't sound unlucky at all......just appropriate???...you'll be perfectly prepared!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That's a cool story. Mine was pretty tame. The one thing I did see was a couple's lawyer was late to the meeting, and he showed up in slacks, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. The trustee pulled him aside and spoke with him. I couldn't hear what was said but I assume it wasn't good.

Comment

I had to request my lost password to log-in to say this Peeps....very nicely written, as well as being very informative. Great job.

Comment

Congrats on the smooth 341 Peeps. You did it!!!
              I knew you'd get through it.
              Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Just had mine; it was in New Hampsshire; and it was 5 questions; why did you file? anwser and yes/no for the rest of the 4 questions; lasted about 90secs it felt like.

Comment

Peeps, that trustee sounds like she was very thorough in reviewing the paperwork. i feel lucky we did not have to go through that wrigner even though we listed everything and was honist with our petition.

we had one couple at our 341 meeting (Spanish speaking only) that filed their taxes with a SSN number that was not theirs. the trustee caught it and asked them why the tax return did not match their filing paperwork. the couple stated they just made up a number for their tax return. the Trustee wrote a note on the paperwork and moved on. this really had an impact on me because several years ago a friend of mine went through IRS hell because someone used his SSN and i was thinking about the hell that the person owned that SSN number must be going through to correct what they did. hopefully the trustee did something about it.

Comment

This should be a sticky.
                    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                    Discharged! June 28, 2012
                    Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X