Rescheduling 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescheduling 341?

Well, we filed on Wed. 5/25, joined PACER today and the first thing I find out is that our 341 is scheduled for 6/17....the only week out of the entire summer that we will be out of town.
    Our attorney said we could reschedule once so we are requesting that...but wow, how will that look to the trustee?
    Has anyone had any experience rescheduling the 341...we are in Texas if that matters
    R~
    Filed 5/25/2011
    341 Schd 6/17/2011 Requesting Reschedule

Some districts allow re-scheduling if there is indeed a conflict. The Trustee doesn't think anything of it unless you were to actually miss a scheduled 341 Meeting. Hopefully, they don't reschedule you 30-days later, into July, as this will delay everything. It's a good thing that you talked to your attorney quickly, because the creditors get the notice the same time that you do and they are often inconvenienced by late schedule changes.

I would not worry about it if your attorney says it will be ok. Just followup with the attorney and make sure that it was, in fact, changed!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JB - Do you think the rescheduled date will show up in PACER? If they do push it into July does that mess us up with anything or just delay the end?
      R~
      Filed 5/25/2011
      341 Schd 6/17/2011 Requesting Reschedule

Comment

Yes, it would be updated in PACER. I don't know the particular technicality this may cause. FOr example, does re-scheduling the "first" scheduled 341 Meeting move the "bar date" for filing a complaint to determine dischargeability (a/k/a the "discharge" date)?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X