Notice of Abandonment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Abandonment

I checked pacer today and it says a notice of abandonment on my house went out to all my creditors, stating that there is no equity to be gotten from my home. Is this normal procedure? Please advise!

Yes, its normal. Your Trustee has no interest in the home and does not want any responsibility for it.

Des.

Comment

Post #2 in this thread has the answer to your question: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ed-abandonment

ETA: Des (who answered you while I was typing) also wrote the post that I am referring to above! LOL
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks, that is what I thought. Big relief. This forum is great, soooo helpful!

Comment

Notice of Abandonment

Got my letter today for notice of abandonment. My husband and I are separated, I live at a different address. In the abandonment notice they list his name and it says the notice was undeliverable to him, as they don't have his address. It also states that I should update addresses of creditors, but he isn't a creditor obviously. Should I give them his address? Called my lawyer's office, but the person I need to speak to is on vacation. It also says the dischargeability of a debt may be affected if the creditor fails to receive certain notices. Help, sorry this is so long.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X