341 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today

Wife and I had our 341 meeting today, we were the third case to be called. We went after a case that was a little complicated with so many things pending and trustee asking lots of questions.

Our attorney did not show up, trustee asked us if we wanted to continue without him, we said yes, he asked like 5 questions like, name, address, work info and if we had signed and understood the petition, we said yes. After we were called we were there for less then 2 minutes , now we wait 12/02/2011.

Welcome to Club Sixty!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

congrats and sorry your lawyer did not show
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

I totally don't get what's with these lawyers. My dh is one and would NEVER just not show up.
        Anyhoo, glad it went smoothly and wishing you a quiet 60 days.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I would actually ask the Attorney to return some of his/her fee. The 341 Meeting is the ONLY "hearing" or "meeting" event that the typical Chapter 7 attorney needs to show up for! It's actually in their "cost case" to spend 1 hour (or more) at the meeting. I don't believe the attorney earned his fee today.

Just a thought.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I wonder what on earth an attorney's excuse could be for not showing up?!?!?
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
              I wonder what on earth an attorney's excuse could be for not showing up?!?!?
              Traffic?

(There is no excuse to at least not send another attorney from the office... or call.)

Comment

Does the court take note of such absences?

Comment

Originally posted by feelingnutsy View Post
                  Does the court take note of such absences?
                  The 341 Meeting is not the court. However, the Trustee "notices" this, but unless the debtor pushes the issue... no one probably cares. There are probably a few Trustees that keep the attorneys in line but "substitute" attorneys is quite common. For an attorney to not even show at the most important point of a bankruptcy filing (in a Chapter 7), is just unprofessional. Unless, of course, the attorney was in a serious accident or died -- which has happened.

Personally, I'd place a call to the attorney and ask him/her why they should not return a portion of their fee, since it was unearned. I suppose that if this were brought to the Judge (the court), the Judge may be inclined to disgorge the unearned portion of the fees. No attorney wants to be spanked -- sanctioned or otherwise -- in session.

Comment

lavega21 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341! Good job also with out having your attorney there! I agree with Justbroke - I would ask for some $$ back!
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X