Our 341 this morning. Thanks Des

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 341 this morning. Thanks Des

Thanks Des for your advices!!! We are chapter 7 with a S-corp. (wife self employed) a LLC (not ours but attach to the case) and ~400k personal debt.

I couldn't sleep 'til 4am. Up at 7.30 and drop the kids at school. Stopped by Mc Donalds for Mrs.'s coffee and head downtown. Parked a few blocks away and took us 10 min walk.
    We were in the building an hour early, checked out the schedules on the board and we are #3 in the 11am group. Our atty showed up 15 min. early and we chatted a little and we went in. About 20 some people in our group. And our trustee was a SUPER nice guy! Smiles a lot!

1st couple called, trustee ask those basic questions (raise your right hand and swear, check ss and id, did you read and sign the petition, anybody owned you money.....) and..."What are the $2000 transfered to your bank acct the last few months?" The guy answered "from my uncle from another state to help us out". That's it, you are free to go.

Next couple called, they are Cuban, doesn't speak English and their atty is Chinese guy! Trustee got a translator on the phone. Ask some basic questions, and "You guys went out of country recently and where did you go?" The guy said "Cuba". Trustee asked "what did you do overthere? business or visit family? Do you own any property overthere? The guy "visit family, we don't own nothing overthere". And this pure guy was wearing a nice watch, bracelet. His wife wearing a nice necklet. Trustee asked "When did you buy your jewelry you wearing?" The guy "5 years ago". Trustee "where did you buy them? Overhere or in Cuba?" The guy "at a local market". Trustee "How much did you pay for those?" the guy "about $2000". Trustee "Since you guys didn't list those on your petition, you need your atty amend 'em and I'll let you know what we gonna do later OK? Your case will be continued on Nov-20 something". That's it and you can go.

It's our turn. Sworn in, hand over id and ss. Answered those basic questions...
    -Trustee "Are you just moved here from Texas?"
    -Me "No sir, we've never been there"
    -Our atty "was it in the petition somewhere?"
    -Trustee "I don't know where it came from, maybe just messed up"
    -Trustee "do you own a '98 lexus?"
    -Me "No sir" (I think gotta be from the Texas messed up)
    -Trustee "do you co-own a '07 lexus?"
    -Wife "Yes sir, its paid for and owned by my sister"
    -Trustee "do you have a '08 bmw"
    -Wife "yes sir, it's paying for and operate by my brother. He didn't have enough credit back then so, I just wanna help him out"
    -Trustee "do you own a '01 bmw?"
    -Me "yes, I did"
    -Trustee "What happened to it?"
    -Me "I sold it about 3 months ago"
    -Trustee "How much you sold it for? and what you did with the money?"
    -Me "I sold it for $$$$ and used it as down payment for another car (driving now)"
    And then, he asked my wife some questions about the LLC if we have any $$$ in there..... and that was it! He did not ask anything about the car my wife driving and the S-Corp she's running (everythings was exempted).

Again, he's really nice. I feel very good about the outcome. But where the heck is that Texas thing came from? How it ended up in the trustee computer??? We never been there before or own anything in texas!!! Do I have to worry about this messed up???
    I think I'm in the 60 days club now! But it's gonna be a tough 60 days for us. I guess our case will be reviewed by US trustee for sure (too much debt, over median a lil but pass the mean test).
    I'm gonna keep my eyes on pacer the next 14 days first. Please wish me luck.
    Thanks

For whatever I said you are welcome. Now sit back and relax. As to the Texas thing, the Trustee was confusing your case with someone else. Don't give it another thought.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X