341 done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 done!

Wow, I didn't realize just how nervous I was until I got there today! We were in a big conference room, there was another couple there, and a single man. My husband and I went last, which annoyed our attorney (we were supposed to go first, he said), but it was FINE with us, we got to watch the other 2 ahead of us.

Trustee was very pleasant, and the woman with him doing the recording was very pleasant and friendly. We watched a video of what to expect during our plan, and things to do and not to do, which was helpful.

Turns out we had to go last, because the trustee never received paperwork from my attorney. I mean, he got SOME, but not other things that were sent out on 1/12. But it didn't seem to be a big deal, it all got worked out.

No creditors showed up. Trustee asked us a few standard questions that he asked everyone else, like, ''did you read and understand everything in your petition", did we sign the petition ourselves, and then he asked if we've ever owned any real estate in the past 6 years. We said "yes..." and he said, "Where is that?" I said, "um, our current home..." He looked confused for a minute and then was like, "OH MY GOD. I'm sorry! I should have had more coffee this morning!" It really broke the ice. They were looking through our tax returns after that, and the trustee joked about how H&R Block uses so much paper, they must charge by the pound.

He doesn't think the judge will want to increase our payments when our 401k loan is repaid! I didn't understand the reason, but I'm fine with it, haha. And we get to keep our tax refunds!! Wow, what a relief it will be to be able to put our refund (which is definitely not huge) into savings and not have to use it to catch up on cc bills!!!

ANYWAY, we're good to go. Our meeting lasted probably between 5 and 10 minutes once we got called up. Confirmation hearing is on 2/23, and I don't anticipate any issues. We have an excellent attorney who made this VERY easy on us....and we've got a GREAT plan. $400/month for 3 years. God, we were paying twice that in minimum payments, with no end in sight!! This is a wonderful day!!

so happy it went well!!!

nice to hear a trustee handle a for a 13 with such a positive attitude! best of luck to you!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Good to hear things went well. I am also in NY and hope mine goes as well as yours.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X