No announcement yet.

341 and we get this so-called "diligent" trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slinger, that's just an awesome story. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Slingerland View Post
      So they panicked and left in a hurry... and yes, I did contact my employer who contacted the agent's employer. She lost her license. I see her around sometimes and she still gives me the evil eye.
      Un-fricking-believable. What cojones that Realtor had. Good for you!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

R2BK, do you have a lockbox on your house placed by the Realtor?
        I would either change my locks or have their lockbox removed. There is NO EXCUSE for Realtors and their clients to have unfettered access into your home.

Good luck on installing the chain bolts, too. That is also a good idea.

I get sick to my stomach for you every single time I read this thread.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

They have a lockbox. And up until that incident, the visiting agents were really good about getting our permission. Our instructions are that agents will only go through the house after we've given permission and that they must use the lockbox for security reasons. We've had these idiots ring the doorbell and wait and then act all surprised when they use the lockbox, poke in through the door and see us watching them but we are following the protocol all the way. I think the chain should be enough to deter people like the one agent for those times we're out of the house and/or aren't expecting anyone.

Comment

We had the best showing today yet. My husband decided he really needed to practice his music for right during the time of the scheduled visit of an agent. It was so loud in here I don't think the woman could talk to her client at all. I just sat on the sofa and played catch with one of my kids and ignored her which seemed to confuse her too. Didn't leave a card. That's the second agent who hasn't left a card. They must get flustered or something....

Comment

Sometimes, passive aggressive is the way to go. I am so sorry you're dealing with this, but it sounds like you're handling it as well as you can.

Comment

I thought I'd bring this thread to the top and see if the OP has any new updates or interesting stories about people looking at the house. The last one was pretty funny. Also - did you get your discharge? From your other posts it looks like your 341 was around Feb 10 so I hope your discharge cam through in early April. All the best.

Comment

Freeatlast09, I am glad you bumped this thread.

On April 9th Resigned2BK posted. . .

Oh, and the middle of last week we got a motion to lift stay from the mortgage holder.
                  I would like to know if the Trustee filed a Response. If not, the Order lifting the stay should be in the hands of the Judge by now. I would like to know exactly what that Order states.

R2BK, if you are reading this, please update us.

Des.

Comment

We didn't see any purpose in responding to the motion to stay, so I don't know what all further we can expect other than maybe a notice that it's done already. As for discharge related questions, we only just got notified a few weeks ago to do the financial management course and did that the 1st or 2nd week of April (I forget). From all my readings here and elsewhere, that should mean the discharge will be any ole time in the next couple weeks. Because of what the trustee is doing with the property, there's no point in getting a Pacer account to check IMHO as our case would be open yet discharged until something is finally resolved concerning the real property.

Hubby installed one of those straight bar locks on the door and frame last weekend. It's just good sense anyhow given we've never had a peephole and there's been a lot of home invasion activity all over this large metro area. We've not had any further issues with agents disregarding the fact that they need permission. One of DH's tricks, if it can be called such, is to say that whatever time they want isn't going to work and pick something a couple hours off. Then they have to play tag with their client not to mention potentially all the other places they might be visiting on that particular day. We've thwarted a few from even coming over with that tactic alone. And then we have all the subtle standoffish and slightly rude things we do while people are here of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Resigned2BK View Post
                      We didn't see any purpose in responding to the motion to stay,
                      I would not have expected you to respond as such would not make sense. What I am looking for is a response by your Trustee. If the Trustee DID NOT respond you should have received a "Notice of No Objection" with a copy of the proposed Order lifting the stay. If a response WAS filed you should have gotten a copy of that.

I have "an idea" but I need to know about the outcome of the Motion before I comment further. Please see what you can find out.

Thanks,

Des.

Comment

No word from the Trustee about that matter either, Des. Will let you know if our lawyer tells us anything or we get something in the mail soon.

Comment

Yay, just got the official discharge paper in the mail from our lawyer! April 24. No other word concerning the motion to lift stay.

Comment

I am happy you are discharged r2bk!! Congrats!
                            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Des, DH was showing me some of the files the other day when I asked if we'd ever gotten anything additional to the original motion. Turns out we got something signed off by a BK judge (not the trustee) that basically said the motion was approved. So we had gotten something, just not specifically from the trustee directly.

Comment

I just wrote up a long letter about our experience thus far and submitted it to the investigative reports team at one of the local news stations. They ran a story on a family where BofA was messing with them and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to let them know about another issue assaulting distressed homeowners. We'll see if they care. It sure did feel good to do that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X