top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Se Filer - where do I send my trustee information to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Se Filer - where do I send my trustee information to?

Can I drop it off at the courthouse where I filed CH7, or do I send it to the address provided for the trustee?

My mail form says:

Meeting of Creditors and notice of appointment of interim trustee John Doe, with 341(a) meeting to be held on 6/5/2012 at 11:30am at XX 341 meeting room. Objections to discharge by 8/6/2012. Order to debtor and attorney of documents.

I never received the "order to debtor and attorney of documents" - what should I do?

I have the trustees' address and phone #

Thanks!

Send everything to the address provided by your trustee. Since you have the trustee's phone number, call the office and ask the assistant what you should do about the missing form. You as a pro se filer are your attorney of record. You will be communicating directly with the trustee's office.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes, I would definitely call and even check the Trustee's website. There are certain documents that you must produce before the 341 Meeting. Since you are pro se, you are the attorney of record. However, that does not mean that the Trustee is actually going to mail you things that you need to do. You need to stay on top of these things by calling the Trustee's office and/or visiting their website.

The Trustee's usually have a checklist of items they need such as last 3 years of filed income taxes (federal and State), as well as some number of pay advices (payroll stubs). They may also require a copy of insurance documentation for your home and vehicles, amongst other things.

Stay on top of this.

(Note: the Order to Attorney.... may have been the Order Commencing Case and it may have detailed what documents must be produced and delivered to the Trustee. Make sure you have a PACER account and stay on top of everything filed on the docket. Read my blog on keeping a "case file". Learn how to keep your PACER bill low!)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X