341 meeting this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting this morning

We had our meeting and everything seemed to go well. We are doing a chapter 13. We had one of the first appointments so that worked for us as it wasn't very busy & they hadn't gotten bogged down yet.

Other than I totally blanked on how much we paid to buy our house originally. We have refinanced since then & if I was asked how much do we OWE on the house, I could have rattled off a number.

The question we were asked was "How much did you purchase your house for?" & well...that was 12 years ago, about 2 refinances ago and not even in my radar anymore since it really doesn't even relate to what we owe.

My thought was "whatever number you are looking at!" since I know she was looking at the paperwork. I totally pulled a number out of the air but told her I really didn't remember.

We almost forgot about our non working/it's more landscape taking up space doesn't run motorcycle too when she asked about vehicles. Hubby rattled off the 2 cars and stopped, then she mentioned Honda & I went "OH yeah...the motorcycle!". It really has no value but it is a vehicle & frankly I do forget it is even sitting there.

That was pretty much it with the standards, do you understand what you are doing type of questions & basically told to make payments and asked if we had any questions.

The weird thing on ours was they were all done behind closed doors, so we didn't see anyone elses & they had 2 people doing them at the same time (assistanst I presume since neither was the trustee). Each person went into a room and then left when they were done so there would have been no way to hear what others are asked, know what to expect or anything of that nature.

Our attorney thought everything was just fine & basically said all we need to do now is make sure we just keep making the payments. There will be one more court date which is a formality for him basically to get his fees paid but we don't have to do anything more unless something else comes up.

So now we just move forward I guess and hope for the best, although I'm sure I will have more than 1 issue with the mortgage company (I'm one of the fun Countrywide/BOA accounts that they can't seem to deal well with).

It sounds like you did well, and you are not the first to have a brain freeze. So, Congratulations and welcome to the 60 Month Club! Please keep us posted on your progress.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes, welcome to the 60 month club! LOL! AC, I think that's the first I've seen that. Maybe it should be the 36 to 60 month club.

BeckyK, are you keeping your home? My first mortgage is Countrywide/BOA. The cut off my online account access, but I kept making payments through my bank's online bill pay. The only issue was when my adjustable rate decreased and I kept sending the same amount assuming the overpayment would be applied to principal like is says on the monthly statements I still receive. But, they instead held it as an "unapplied payment balance" or something like that. I had to call them twice to get them to apply it to the principal and would have to keep doing that if I continued to pay more than the minimum. So, now I just pay the minimum payment to avoid the hassle. Other than that, I've had no issues.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yes, we are keeping the house. Trust me if I could, I would have loved to throw the keys at BOA and say something not very nice. However, we have 4 kids and nowhere else to go. Most apartments aren't big enough & any house we would rent would be the same if not higher amount than what we are paying for the mortgage so we are just going to stick it out since we now have that option. Husband was unemployed for quite a while but now is making almost what he was before everything fell apart. The funny thing is if more people had worked with us when we first let them know we were going to have issues due to unemployment situation we could have paid them back now but nobody would & we were too far gone in the hole to ever catch up at this point, so basically Chapter 13 was our only choice if we wanted to save the house.

BOA are incompetent It is the same old thing lots have gone through but we tried for 3 years to get a loan modification & the continually "never received your paperwork" even when their own employee sat there and scanned them into their own system and lots of other issues. I could write a novel on the nobody knows what they are doing concept with them but I'm not the only one. I basically don't trust them at all for anything & can so see them screwing something up.

It has already somewhat happened as they re-did the escrow anaylsis & the new amount was due June 1 with a note that the payment coupon will be coming soon. I went ahead and paid it because I knew the coupon wouldn't be here by June 1 knowing them & I didn't want it late. The statement showed up yesterday! Although it did have the unapplied funds, so now that makes sense reading your post. I won't send anymore extra in. I was doing that thinking it would work like it had in the past also.

In the meantime with all of this mess, a chunk of our siding blew off our house & the mortgage company has our insurance check for it. I did fax them the quote & w-9 from the contractor (like they asked) but haven't gotten our check back yet. I need to call them and find out if the fax went missing like every other fax I send them tends to do. I have a feeling this is going to be a wild goose chase as usual.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X