Had our 341 meeting on Thursday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had our 341 meeting on Thursday!

After spending the last 2 month worrying nonstop about it, we had our 341 meeting on Thursday and all went well!

We arrived about 45 minutes early and glad we did because we had to take our cell phones back to the car. I didn't realize we couldn't just turn them off. So, back to the parking garage we went..in the rain. Anyway, we got back to the courthouse and went upstairs. There was about 4 people in the waiting room, which was open to the room the trustee was in. With about 10 minutes until our scheduled time we went in and was able to listen to a few cases prior to ours. We were supposed to be last, but an attorney was late so we went 3rd. We were sworn in, asked if the signatures were ours and then asked if any of our incomes had changed since filing. I recently started a job, so he asked what my new hourly wage was. He did a quick calculation in his head and moved on. He asked if we had ever filed before, if we were owed any money from anyone, or if we were expecting any inheritances in the next 6 months and if we were to get any to let our attorney know. Then came the question I was dreading. He asked if we had paid any family members money in the past year. I have made payments to a credit card of my moms and have been for years. It was an agreement we had and was only used in emergencies. He asked if it was more than $1000 in the last year. I told him it was about $1300-$1500. He was quiet for a second and stacked the papers up and said This concludes the hearing. My lawyer had prepared me that I may have to repay that amount to the court, so I was very scared as I don't have that extra money right now. The lawyer said he would've asked more questions about it if he were to make us repay. I also had this information disclosed on the petition. So, being honest upfront is very important. I'm glad I didn't try to hide it.

Such a relief!

Congrats and welcome to the "60 Day Club!" I'm a newcomer to the club as well and I still have that fresh feeling of relief

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congratulations! The stress is now behind you. Your story confirms that most TTs have a job to do but they are people too.
        Lawyer - $3000
        Filing fee - $299
        Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X