341 Meeting Complete 60 day questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Complete 60 day questions

Just completed 341 meeting today. I am assuming during the next 60 days creditors have an opportunity to object. That being said I have a few questions maybe someone can help me out.

1. Is it normal for a creditor to object during this period after the 341?

2. Does the trustee take a moment to review your petition more closely in an attempt to change your filing from a 7 to 13?

3. I would imagine I will receive notification of any objections?

Welcome to BKforum.

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
    Just completed 341 meeting today. I am assuming during the next 60 days creditors have an opportunity to object. That being said I have a few questions maybe someone can help me out.

1. Is it normal for a creditor to object during this period after the 341?
    Only if there is a reason to object. Do you have any reason to think a specific creditor will object to the discharge of its debt?

2. Does the trustee take a moment to review your petition more closely in an attempt to change your filing from a 7 to 13?
    No trustee has the power to convert your case to a Chap 13. They can object to a Chap 7 discharge and requested dismissal at which point it's up to the debtor to either convert, fight the the objection or let the case be dismissed. It is the U.S. Trustee, not the panel trustee who conducted the 341, who objects to dischargeability. It is possible the US Trustee's office will look at the petiton after the 341. Is there any reason to think you are vulnerable to an objection?

3. I would imagine I will receive notification of any objections?
    Yes, you will
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X