341 Meeting yesterday morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting yesterday morning!

Got there about an hour early as our lawyer recommended so that we could check out the others ahead of us and it would give us time to watch them and calm our nerves! It's really nothing to it as long as you were/are honest then it's over pretty quick. The trustee took our oath we handed him our photo ID/SS card and verified that we had listed all of our assets and creditors. Asked if anyone had any questions and he said "we are done here" it lasted all of 2 minutes. All that worry for nothing! Now there were some others who were not prepared and seemed their lawyers weren't prepared either. Also there was a lady there who was filing pro se and she was NOT prepared at all. The trustee gave her another date, she better be prepared or her case will be dismissed.....

I am glad it went well. Congratulations!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      I am glad it went well. Congratulations!
      Thank you Lady!

Comment

Congratulations on getting your 341 over and done with. Im filing Pro Se myself. Unemployed and no assets . Now Im shaking in my boots. How was the Pro Se woman you mentioned 'not ready' ? As you can imagine, that would be very very very good for me to know :-) . Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jgeddes View Post
          Congratulations on getting your 341 over and done with. Im filing Pro Se myself. Unemployed and no assets . Now Im shaking in my boots. How was the Pro Se woman you mentioned 'not ready' ? As you can imagine, that would be very very very good for me to know :-) . Thanks
          Well first off she didn't bring her SS card and he was not happy about that. Her paperwork was apparently not filled out properly. She didn't even understand what assets and exemptions were. He asked her who helped her with the forms and she said she had paid a lady $150. He was nice to her but stern. He gave her another hearing date at the end of April. Hopefully she will get her stuff together..... I am sure you will do fine! Being unemployed and no assets should help! If I were you I would check out the calendar for your districts bankruptcy court and it shows who is pro se and lawyers and maybe go watch some cases...... I wish you the best!!

Comment

Yeessh. Good to know. I will be checking the 341's in my district before my meeting. Thanks very much for the reply

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X