AP chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP chances

what are the chances a creditor files an AP for a charged off debt thats under $6,000? All my debts were taken out late 2013 to mid 2014. I might have over estimated my income on a few applications based on future income- i graduated college in december 2012 (took some time off so my wife could finish and i watch our son) and my wife in 6/2013. I guess we werent prepard that the job outlook for our majors were horrible (psychology and childhood education) in NYS. What are the chances with the charged off debt the companies look at our income on bk documents and then what we put on our origional applications from 2013 and 2014 and then file an AP based on fraudulent income listed based off of expected future income. i know its stupid to have listed it but i was young and niave about the job market when i graduated and thought just b/c i had a bachelors there would be jobs out there. currently i am a stay at home dad with no job. I have not received any judgments for any of my debts.
    Last edited by cbaker049; 09-03-2016, 08:21 AM.

Given that your creditors haven't even bothered to file collections lawsuits in your local court, which is a lot cheaper than filing an AP in bankruptcy court, I'd say you don't have anything to worry about. Also, after so much time has passed, it would be very difficult for a creditor to mount such a case. After all, people do lose jobs, have job offers rescinded, etc.

Comment

That makes me feel good. I filed my bankruptcy pro se September 1, 2016. I was nervous that since I don't have a lawyer the companies are going to see im pro se and then think it will be easy to win an ap against me. Does anyone know if aps are less likely to be filed if the creditor sees u have no job and a month asset Chapter 7? My thinking is that they would know the person has no pay to pay the debt even if they objected.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X