Everything goes wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything goes wrong

We were hit today with 10 requests from the trustees' attorney to provide statements going back 2 years. It goes to FRBP 2004, it cites tons of cases that I don't understand anything about, wants taxes back 4 years, real estate commissions and paystubs, reports and business books. Bank statements for 15 months so on and so forth.
    I'm stunned ---
    Ch.7 filed: 2/23/2011 Discharged: 7/7/2011 Asset: Yes Case Closed: 7/30/2013

It may be that they are looking for money that may have been hidden or transferred or something like that. If you have not done anything like that then you should be fine. I have read several cases where people did exactly that.. moved money to relatives or friends before filing.

Comment

Originally posted by stanpendula View Post
      We were hit today with 10 requests from the trustees' attorney to provide statements going back 2 years. It goes to FRBP 2004, it cites tons of cases that I don't understand anything about, wants taxes back 4 years, real estate commissions and paystubs, reports and business books. Bank statements for 15 months so on and so forth.
      I'm stunned ---
      Good grief?!?!? ARe you by any chance self employed? My dear God I don't have ANYTHING going back 2 years except tax returns!

Comment

@stanpendula

Based upon this post and others I assume you do not have an attorney. You are clearly over your head and, if my assumption is correct, you need to find one and do it fast.

Des.

Comment

I do have an attorney. He brought me to this point and now he's telling me his fee is 275 per hour. Just before creditors meeting, he said he looked over our papers and everything was solid. And today , trustee has a lawyer and all the big guns are out.

Comment

wife is self employed, real estate, no money maker at all, this is what is very frustrating

Comment

Jeez- you'd think they'd have noticed the downtown in the RE biz the past 4 years... so many realtors, title companies and mortgage companies have gone belly up.... dh was an RE attorney, no money made for awhile now. Hope we don't have the same headaches. Guess you will have to take a deep breath and start pulling copies. GOOD LUCK!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

This can be pretty normal, especially with one party being self employed. In our case we provided 3 years of tax returns to our attorney from the very start, and the returns included all schedules for the business expenses. The trustee could clearly see the "business" did not do well over those years. In your case, if you only provided one year prior to filing the trustee is wanting to see if the business (your wifes real estate) did well, and if so, are there any assets from those good years...Just provide what they are asking for and you should be fine.
                Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X