Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objection Deadline

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to know how soon after my date to object meeting (06/08/2015) will my Chapter 7 case be discharged? Thanks in advance. I'm curious and I'm ready to start rebuilding my credit.

I assume that by "date to object meeting" you mean your 341 meeting of creditors. Creditors and the trustee have 60 days after your 341 to object to discharge. If your 341 is rescheduled for some reason, the deadline will still be 60 days from 6/8/2015. How long after that you receive your discharge varies by court and case. Your attorney should be able to give you some idea of how long it takes in your court.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LadyinTheRed,

My 341 meeting was 04/08/2015. The deadline for my creditors to object is 06/08/2015 so I'm asking, how long after the objection date for the creditors to object will my case be discharged. Sorry, for the confusion and thanks for responding.

Comment

Also, I filed Pro Se..

Comment

In some courts the discharge is entered automatically on day 61, in others it takes much longer. It really varies by court. The only way people here can give you an idea of how long it will take to get your discharge is if they were recently discharged in the same court or if they are not yet discharged and have been told by their attorney how long it will take. If you say what court you are in, maybe somebody in the same court will see this and respond.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LadyInTheRed. I called and was told my discharged is set for within the next week. Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X