Deed of Trust Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deed of Trust Search

In order for my lien strip to be complete I must go through an adversarial proceeding. In order to prepare for this I need to have copies of my deeds of trust. I am confused a bit by so many different document titles on the county recorder website. To add to it there are a number of deeds of trust from when I bought the home to present. Attorney said to simply ask for the deeds of trust but I am still uncertain.

Should I simply walk in and ask for all the deeds of trust that currently relate or are in effect on my property?

Would a HELOC fall under a different category, especially if it were moved from collector to collector?

I am in Riverside Ca. and would appreciate any guidance on this.

Thank You
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

A deed of trust also applies to a Heloc. There should be a deed of trust for the first mortgage and a deed of trust for the Heloc. If you refinanced, there will be a deed of trust for every time you refinanced, but they may not all still be valid liens.

There may be other document titles including the words "deed of trust" that aren't actually deeds of trust but could be relevant. For example, an assignment of deed of trust could indicate the loan was sold and that somebody other than the original lender should receive notice of the lien strip petition. A full reconveyance of a deed of trust releases the deed of trust that it references and should be recorded when a loan is refinanced.

What document titles are confusing you?

When in doubt, get copies of everything and let your lawyer figure it out. You want to be sure that the correct recorded document is referenced in the order and that everyone entitled to notice gets notice.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 06-01-2015, 02:32 PM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks LITR, I will just buy a copy of everything to be certain. Its less than chump change at this point considering what I will get out it. I refied three times and had as many seconds over the years so there are a few. I just want to make sure if there was an exchange where someone else like a collection agency taking over over comes to light for proper and thorough servicing.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X