My First Post-Discharge Loan Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Post-Discharge Loan Offer

3 business days after discharge, I received a letter with a return address "Discharge Information, REM Division of Notifications" with "Discharge Information Enclosed. Open Immediately" in red on the outside of the envelope. The letter is titled "Discharge Notice" and lists the name of the judge, trustee and case number. It says I am pre-approved for a car loan of up to $29,000.

No thanks!

This came before I have received anything informing me of my discharge. I only know about the discharge because I checked PACER. They are obviously trying to make the letter look like a bankruptcy court notice. Scumbags!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Oh Brother.

I have to say that I am chomping at the bit for a newer car, but refuse to buy much newer unless it fits the budget. Both my wife and I have struggled through old cars and am ready to hand them down to our two adult children, but we absolutely have to be able to pay for them easily. No more budgets that squeeze out olive oil from an apple.
    Last edited by spidge; 06-01-2015, 10:15 PM.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

We received two identical letters, one each for each of us. They went straight to the shredder, if for no other reason that it irritates me that these are predators who scour the public BK rolls in order to take advantage of vulnerable people.

Comment

Predators is right!!!

Comment

Wait until the preapproved credit cards start lol

Comment

That is really scummy but I can't wait to receive anything that says my name and discharge on the same page! ;-)
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
              Wait until the preapproved credit cards start lol
              I was getting those all the way through my BK. It's odd that the offers haven't increased since discharge. The only increase is in the car loan offers. I actually did finally apply for a Barclay's card so I can work towards qualifying for a refi in a couple of years. It includes free FICO scores, which will be handy.

I don't really object to offers of credit. It is the deceiving nature of the one trying to look like a notice from the court that bothered me.

LOL dmc-2008 . It will happen before you know it.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I started with a $300 secured card and then moved to a barclay's unsecured to use and pay off monthly to build score up a little which was working great, but i then decided to cancel secured card to get my $300 back and it cost me big time on credit score, Little tip for anyone thinking of doing the same.

Comment

;-)!
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X