Credit Report timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report timeline

As my BK closes, how long does it take for the Credit reporting agencies to get the discharge on the credit report and does the fact that it is discharged change the score? I have had a very hard time renting an apartment with an "open" Ch 13. They will take Ch 7 BK people and rent to them, as the thought is the apartment complex cannot be added to the closed BK and mine is "open".. a letter from my attorney did help get me an apartment...my lease ends in November and it is not the best place for me to be living in and I want to move...I could show them my paperwork saying it is closed, but unless it is on the credit report, they will not process my application, so I am looking for a time frame, if known for the credit reports to reflect the status of the BK ..Thanks

I don't have personal experience with a Chapter 13 discharge, even though I filed a Chapter 13, my Chapter 7 discharge was entered on a Monday and the credit reports had the discharge date within 72 hours. You should also be able to give them a certified copy of the discharge order since it's better than the credit report . I applied for and obtained an apartment from a national management company within 7 days of my discharge in 2010. I believe my credit score jumped to 660 when I was discharged, but don't quote me since that was over 5 years ago.

Remember, time heals all wounds, especially credit wounds. As you get towards the 2-year post-discharge date, you will see slight improvements with the largest coming at year 2. After the 2 year mark, you "may" get some slow incremental change, but nothing will be more a factor than paying on time, not applying for new credit, and the bankruptcy finally falling off your credit report!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Mine showed up within a week to 10 days. I also went on Pacer & took a copy of my discharge paper for my own records until I got the original in the mail. My score didn't really change at all... I am @ 690ish 2 months out...
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Wow your score didn't change??? I thought it would! ;-(. I guess you have to use credit?
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X