Discharge on Dec. 31, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge on Dec. 31, 2015

Just got our official discharge papers in the mail yesterday. Our Chap. 13 was completely on Dec. 31, 2015 in the state of California!! After 5 long years of payments (last payment was made in August, 2015) we are done!!
    There was lots of uncertainty along the way. Our 341 meeting at the very beginning was a bit of a cluster, and I didn't feel all that confident with our lawyer, but things settled down into just making the monthly payments.... After a couple years I applied and was approved for a Capital One Credit card. The credit limit was only $500, but it came in handy for my business trips and such. I always made sure to pay everything off every month. The court nor the trustee ever knew about it, or said anything (I did advise my lawyer about the card). My credit limit was raised to $4000 during the Chapt. 13.
    I have found this forum to be an excellent resource of information and stories to help me and my family through the difficult times, and to answer all those questions that popped up from time to time. The input and opinions of all those who posted in the various forum channels here has been excellent reading. So I want to say "thank you" to all of you for posting your stories and experiences. You have no idea how helpful your information has been.
    Looking forward I am optimistic about the future. Yes, it will still take a little more time to get rid of the bad marks on the credit history, but they will go away. In our situation, we had no real options other than Chapt. 13 if we wanted to keep our house and all that back in 2010. But now looking back, taking all the emotion out of the decision, it was the necessary decision to make.

Congratulations and a very Happy New Year to you It's so nice o hear when someone finishes a 13 plan. Enjoy your new freedom.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a wonderful way to start the New Year! Here's a little something for you:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(Sorry about the commercial that Youtube snuck in.)
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wow what a great start to the New Year! Congratulations!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Congrats on your stellar accomplishment. Such a great way to start the year.

11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations!!
            Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Way to go fellow Californian! Hope things look up! Great way to start the new year! Congrats!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

What district did you file in? I am in Riverside and sure hope it does not take 4 months to be discharged.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Spidge,

Santa Ana down in Orange County....

It did take a while to get the discharge from the court. I made my last payment in August. In Sept. I started getting copied on a lot of correspondence from the court to the creditors. My lawyer said this was normal as the court is checking that the payments are all satisfactory... The final payments from the trustee to the creditors was made in early October. Then there was a period of about two months (Oct-Nov) where nothing happened.. I was on the National Data Center site every day checking the status! LOL Finally in december I got more correspondence stating the court is doing a final review. The official date of the discharge was 12/31, but of course with the holiday and all, I got the discharge letter in the mail around the 7th of Jan. I almost didn't believe it, so I contacted my lawyer (again) to confirm this was it and we are all done. Once he said "Yes, congratulations!", I knew it was mission accomplished...

Good luck!!!

Comment

• spidge
                      spidge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for your response. I made my last payment in November and have been Pending Final Revue 12/9/2015. My judge requires an adversarial proceeding in order to complete the lien strip at a cost of $2K which needs to be paid upon discharge. The attorney asks it to be paid as soon as possible in one breath then turns around and tells me there is plenty of time. If I knew it would take four months I could relax a bit as that would be about what our payments in the BK would add up to over four months. We will get there.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X