top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after discharge to buy a house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after discharge to buy a house?

This has been asked and answered but I wasn't paying attention in class that day!

How long to wait to buy a house after discharge, I want to sell my condo and buy in another state before I retire, so I can get a better mortgage. Will have at least 60k to put down on a modest home approx 200k. I hope!

Thank you!!!!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

It is possible to get a loan during Chap 13 and immediately after. You just have to find the right lender. Interest rates may be better if you wait until the BK drops of your credit reports which should happen 7 years after your filing date.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you Lady! I might have to wait till 2020! But I am getting good at the waiting game! I don't suppose there is any way/chance I will get lucky and get out of my bk early because of my lien strip! 😔😔
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

We did a no cash-out refinance about 1 year after discharge. It was brutal as we were told that due to the BK still showing on our reports, the loan had to be manually underwritten. This caused TONS of questions about why we filed, late payments, expenses, etc. After getting through all of it, we were finally approved. It's possible to accomplish, but expect the process to be alot more involved. Good luck!
        Chapter 13 - 100% Payback - Filed 2/2010 - Discharged 4/2014

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X