top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged!!! Yes but I have one last question please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!! Yes but I have one last question please.

Hello All,
    I just got the discharge from the court, finally done after five years, my lawyer sent me a email that we are done with the Bankruptcy but that there is one think left to do, see below.

It’s to do a recordable order for the mortgage that stripped off. this was for the line of credit that I had but was stripped.
    This order is to basically protect you in case you decide to sell the property, if you did, they will most likely ask you for the bankruptcy documents (which probably would be the complete petition & discharge) to verify that the mortgage was taken off, yet if you have this order recorded in the County, once the title company pulls info on the property it will show and there will be no need for you to have to look for documents for proof.
    This is a process, where we need to do a motion for the order, we go to court and once we have the order, we give it to you to have it recorded. This has a fee of $525.00, and you do not attend court,
    It is up to you, please advise of your decision.

Thoughts? hurts to drop $525 but if I need to do it I will, I am planning to refinance to 15 years in a few months.
    Filed - 12.29.10
    341 - 2.10.11
    Discharged 4.2.16

This is a very easy thing to solve. If the balance on your HELOC is greater than $525 then the answer is obvious; you should do the lien strip. If $525 > HELOC then you may want to save the money; however, you must consider the impact on your future sale/refinance.

Most HELOC creditors would file a Release of Mortgage, but you would be taking a chance that they did. If they did not file the Release of Mortgage, then you could have some issues related to what your attorney points out. It may be a pain, later, to deal with a title company and the lien strip.

At least, that's how I see it.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Its a steal at $525. Mine cost me $2,000 and should be complete shortly. My HELOC went to two different collection agencies so I do wonder if that is why mine is so expensive.

It buys me peace of mind.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Peace of mind totally worth it, Check mailed today.
        Filed - 12.29.10
        341 - 2.10.11
        Discharged 4.2.16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X