Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation denied by trustee

Hi Guys!

Our confirmation hearing is scheduled for 4/28 but today we received a letter from the trustee saying that confirmation is denied because of 11 USC 1322 which I think has something to do with the mortgage. We are still waiting to hear if our loan modification has been approved. Our attorney won't be getting back to us until tomorrow but I'm feeling nervous! Do I need to be scared or is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!!

That U.S. Code section spells out the requirements for the contents of a Plan -- https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/1322

Pretty broad information if that's all they gave you to go on...

Comment

The trustee has not denied confirmation of your plan. Only the judge can do that. Maybe the trustee objected to confirmation. Most objections to confirmation can be resolved by amending the plan amended, providing information to the trustee that convinces him to withdrawal the objection, or defeating the objection by convincing the judge that the trustee is wrong.

As 159515951 pointed out, citing section 1322 is not enough to give any clue as to why the trustee is objecting. Does the document contain any additional information or perhaps a subparagraph letter or number after "1322"?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you for the responses! I think I know what it is. Whoever prepared the petition made a mistake with my ss# and I totally missed that mistake. It was one number off and I guess in my nervousness I didn't catch it. The trustee said to amend and I figured the attorney would have done that by now as the 341 meeting was 3 weeks ago but I guess not. This whole BK and loan modification thing has me so nervous and stressed out I come here and post before I think it through.

Thank you both again! I truly appreciate it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X