Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters from the BK Court

Hello

This weekend was another fun filled Saturday opening up BK related mail. This time the correspondence was from the Bankruptcy Court itself

Our first letter was entitled Chatper 13 Trustees Notice of Plan Completion. This letter appear to be notifying the court that our payment plan has been completed and that the case remain open pending the filing of the final report and accounting. Respectfully signed by the trustee.

The next letter appears to be a two page document. The first page is entitled Debtors certification Motion for Chapter 13 Discharge and Proposed discharge order, specifically, a move by the debtor for entry of discharge certifying a list of statements being correct. The back side of the letter is an order to File 1328 certification with failure to do so the case will be closed without discharge for noncompliance after 45 days. There is language on the first page indicating that I have to sign below however, there is no below space indicating a signature is needed

The other page folded within the aforementioned document is a Debtors Certification of Completion of Postpetition Instructional Course Concerning Personal Financial Management. It appears on this letter I have to fill out my name, the date I certified, and the provider of the course and Certificate number. This letter looks like something I have to fill out sign and send back.

I am going to be calling my lawyer in the morning for specific guidance on this paperwork. I really don’t want to mess this up.
    Final Payment 7/2016

Hi Out4Good..
    You are progressing. The one fom I believe is to show you have no outstanding finanancial support obligations and that your home is not over a certain value. It is a very straightforward form that MUST be completed.

Did you take the Financial Mgmt course (the one you can take anytime after filing)? If so, did your attorney upload the completion letter to Pacer. Another thing to check with the attorney. If not, get online and get that done ASAP.

The end is near!!!!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hi again,
      Also have you gone on to pacer lately. The notice from the trustee should be there. As soon as the forms you have to fill out (and the Financial Course completed if required) are completed/received you should be discharged. The case will stay open until the financial paperwork is complete but that's behind the scenes Trustee stuff that we're not involved in. It won't delay the discharge at all. Good luck!
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Checked Pacer today. All of the above paperwork already filled out and posted to my case by my lawyer. She also posted, again, my certificate for the financial management course with the final paperwork.

Looks like all I have to wait for is the trustee to finish balancing the books and for my discharge.
        Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Hi again,
          The Notice of Plan completion in Pacer (submitted by the Trustee). Did it show a date ready for discharge?
          Mine had August 1st ready for discharge and it happened on the second. Trustee still has to do the final financial report but that has nothing to do with the discharge.
          Call you attorney tomorrow and verify all is on track (which it sounds like it is)
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X