Chapter 13 Payment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
    Hi kingmartin, I responded to the other post where you asked about this.

How diid your meeting go yesterday?
    Hey thank you for asking, It went well. This is actually the 2nd time I've met with him, I feel more comfortable with this guy, he puts my mind at ease, he did say though he can't guarantee a chapter 7, but that's his goal is to get me a chapter 7, I'm borderline, and I had 3 checks in April, so he wants to try to push it until November to file so A March bonus I received and the April I got 3 checks that month, he wants that to fall off the 6 month look back period as well. So the goal is for a 7, but if theres a reason I have to file before then I'll definitely be looking at a 13, he said though it shouldn't be but a couple hundred bucks a month, of course that was his rough guess, so either way I go, I feel like it will be what it will be, I have to look at the long term benefits, and not the short term negative aspects of this.

Comment

Hi..sounds like you have a good lawyer!!!! Good luck with how it goes !
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you, I have a 2 year old and I'm not married but he want's me to file as household of 3, and use the common law married approach, which I can agree with since we all do live together and function as 1 economic unit.

Comment

I think my biggest fear however is not the bankruptcy itself but trying to find somewhere to rent from as I would want to surrender my home.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X