Authorized User on Credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authorized User on Credit card

I have about 4 credit cards which I am listed as a authorized user. Not a joint account holder. This was done with my new wife to help rebuild my credit slowly. Fast forward the Irs is sweating me on a 29k tax bill and they are talking wage garnishment if i do not enter into a $800 month payment plan for 6 years. I can discharge this tax in a chapt 7 at the end of 2017 as i will be eligible for a 7 since 8 years passed since my last one. My question is on the authorized user of my wifes card. I do not wish to drag her into my issues (new wife 2nd year of marriage) from what I read we do not have to list accounts I am authorized user on since its not a joint liability account. I have no problem taking myself off the accounts as i need to keep the Irs at bay till i get in position to file the 7. My attorneys paralegal says if i file they must be listed in the bk but i disagree since I am not a joint account holder? Legal feedback is welcome
    Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

"Legal feedback is welcome."

The only place to get legal advice is from an attorney authorized to practice law in your state. While we have at least one attorney who posts here, BKforum is mostly lay people giving others the benefit of their own experiences. The paralegal is also not qualified to give you legal advice either. So, confirm anything that she says that doesn't sound right with an attorney. Also, independent confirm anything you read here before you rely on it.

I was an authorized user on two of my husband's cards when I filed alone. They were not listed as creditors because I was not the one legally obligated on the account.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X