converting chapter 13 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

converting chapter 13 to 7

So im filing bankruptcy for second time this time its 13 due to 8yrs not having passed by yet my question is technically i would be eligible next November to convert to 7. Im from Idaho im sure it varies some from state to state. I have family of 5 and median income limit is 67k gross or there abouts. For the record i did learn my lesson the first time but i made the mistake of allowing my wife to increase our standard of living without making sure we had a good budget and savings there is no reaching common ground divorce is certain but thats another topic any personal experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by eagletalon89 View Post
    So im filing bankruptcy for second time this time its 13 due to 8yrs not having passed by yet my question is technically i would be eligible next November to convert to 7. Im from Idaho im sure it varies some from state to state.
    The eligibility for a discharge does not vary from state to state since it is a Federal law. Converting your current Chapter 13 in November IS NOT going to get you a Chapter 7 discharge since the rule looks at the filing (not conversion) date. Seeking to dismiss the 13 and then filing a NEW case once 8 years has elapsed from your Chapter 7 works - assuming you otherwise "qualify" for the new Chapter 7.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X