top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Data Center website (NDC)......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Data Center website (NDC)......

I registered with the National Data Center Website right after I filed my Chapter 13 in August of this year. My "confirmation hearing" is this Nov/5 at the court house. I have been seeing this for some time and I am not sure what it means, can you help?
    Percentage to Unsecured 10.00%
    Thank you very much!

James

This is known as the percentage to unsecured creditors. It is based on your "disposable monthly income" (DMI). It is simply a calculation that if all unsecured creditors were to file a valid claim, then they "could" expect a percentage of their claim being paid. It doesn't affect your DMI.

I would not worry about that percentage. We have a thread here on BKForum which goes on about why % Payback (it doesn't matter). It's actually a sticky.

That number is just an approximation and can change. It does not affect your DMI and is not a component of your DMI.

Again, the percent payback doesn't matter (unless you're in a 100% plan).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      This is known as the percentage to unsecured creditors. It is based on your "disposable monthly income" (DMI). It is simply a calculation that if all unsecured creditors were to file a valid claim, then they "could" expect a percentage of their claim being paid. It doesn't affect your DMI.

I would not worry about that percentage. We have a thread here on BKForum which goes on about why % Payback (it doesn't matter). It's actually a sticky.

That number is just an approximation and can change. It does not affect your DMI and is not a component of your DMI.

Again, the percent payback doesn't matter (unless you're in a 100% plan).
      Thank you justbroke. Your answer leads me to another question. When and how will I find out if my plan is at 100% are another percent? I am still waiting to see if my payment plan is approved this 11/5/2016 at the court house. My attorney will be there but he is in no way informative even after I ask him anything. I do hope it shows up some where that I can find it out for myself. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by lukesky View Post
        Thank you justbroke. Your answer leads me to another question. When and how will I find out if my plan is at 100% are another percent? I am still waiting to see if my payment plan is approved this 11/5/2016 at the court house. My attorney will be there but he is in no way informative even after I ask him anything. I do hope it shows up some where that I can find it out for myself. Thanks again.
        If you are required to payback 100% of the claims, then you would already know. Otherwise, percent payback does not matter at all. You will pay your disposable monthly income (DMI).

If the Trustee hasn't already complained about your proposed plan, then the number that your attorney gave you to pay (and that you should already be paying now) should be what you should expect to pay.

Your payment to the Trustee should be on the NDC (13DataCenter) under Case Summary and then the section which reads Debtor Information. That section should have a "Payment Amount" shown. That's your "current" plan payment amount.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          If you are required to payback 100% of the claims, then you would already know. Otherwise, percent payback does not matter at all. You will pay your disposable monthly income (DMI).

If the Trustee hasn't already complained about your proposed plan, then the number that your attorney gave you to pay (and that you should already be paying now) should be what you should expect to pay.

Your payment to the Trustee should be on the NDC (13DataCenter) under Case Summary and then the section which reads Debtor Information. That section should have a "Payment Amount" shown. That's your "current" plan payment amount.
          Okay, right now since my plan has not been confirmed are not confirmed there is nothing there yet on the NDC website but just some fag information like Percentage to unsecured at 10% and that's about it. I hope after 11/4/16 when my plan is hopefully confirmed I will see where the money is going and see what percentage I am paying and to whom. Even after I ask my attorney many questions I always feel he is not interesting in me at all so I have to just wait and see.

Comment

Okay, right now since my plan has not been confirmed are not confirmed there is nothing there yet on the NDC website but just some fag information like Percentage to unsecured at 10% and that's about it. I hope after 11/4/16 when my plan is hopefully confirmed I will see where the money is going and see what percentage I am paying and to whom. Even after I ask my attorney many questions I always feel he is not interesting in me at all so I have to just wait and see.
            The percentage that you pay doesn't matter. The only thing that should matter to you is what amount you pay to the Trustee and what that covers. Some attorneys are not that social and can certainly be a pain when you need answers. If the NDC reads 10%, that tells you nothing because it's probably a placeholder and it does not show you your actual payment to the Trustee.

For now I ask that you trust attorney and that the payment amount (which you are currently paying) will remain the same. If there are issues with the Trustee and the amount your attorney will take care of determining if there is a difference, fight with the Trustee if they think it's wrong, and help you get through confirmation.

For most Chapter 13 debtors, the only thing they need to know is their monthly payment and what that covers. The successful Chapter 13 debtor then works to keep the Trustee happy by continuing to pay. As one judge in Florida likes to quip, "it's a pay to play system". If you care to actually look to see where money is disbursed, it's fine to look at 13DataCenter (NDC). I typically would not encourage people to look at that system because you'll wonder why the Trustee is making payments a certain way, or why there's X thousands of dollars that is says are "on-hand". How the Trustee pays, who the Trustee pays, and when the Trustee pays are really the administrative duty of the Trustee. You'll see some strange payment patterns, but they don't affect you personally.

Comment

Okay, right now since my plan has not been confirmed are not confirmed there is nothing there yet on the NDC website but just some information like Percentage to unsecured at 10% and that's about it. I hope after 11/4/16 when my plan is hopefully confirmed I will see where the money is going and see what percentage I am paying and to whom. Even after I ask my attorney many questions I always feel he is not interesting in me at all so I have to just wait and see.
              Last edited by lukesky; 10-08-2016, 04:48 AM. Reason: just some (I did not know how to spell fage) sorry so I removed it. Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X