Case completion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case completion...

I received a letter dated the 5th, this past Friday or Saturday stating that I did not have to continue making payments and the case was completed, which is phenomenal. Is this the same as a Notice of Completion? It was entitled "Stop Payment Notice", so I would think not, but I don't really know. I spoke with my attorney's office yesterday and was told that they hadn't received their copy of the letter, nor do I see anything on Pacer pertaining to it. Just kind of anxious now to get this all wrapped up (and I know it's generally a waiting game), and hoping that nothing "bad" happens knowing my luck sometimes.

Hi and congradulatons for getting to this step!!! No this is not the Notice of Completion...that s the very last step in the process and could be a couple months down the road.
    The next thing is your trustee reviews (audits) the case to make sure everyone has been paid and that you have completed and your attorney has filed your required two classes, then he submits a discharge to the court. After that, once all your creditors have cashed their final checks an audit is completed and then the Notice of Completion and final accounting report (you will receive copies from the court).
    I hope this helps. If I didn't state things quite right, you will see more posts!!!! Congratulations again!

P.S. - My trustee always paid my creditors on the last working day of the month, so the discharge wasn't filed untli the 1st working day of the next month.

Good luck through the end..its just a little wait now
    Last edited by sophieanne; 10-12-2016, 09:42 AM.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

Congrats on your accomplishment. If your trustee sent you this notice with no other requests your likely in very good shape for a swift discharge. That said the timeline seems to be different for every case and/or district. No matter what I say about how golden you look the anxious feeling will bug you. So mow the lawn, hug those close to you, do what you do daily, and relax.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X