House payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House payments

I want to see if anyone has had this same issue. We filed for Ch 13 in July 2016. So in August we started making our house payments. These payments come out of a separate account we have. I have it set up on bill pay with the bank. August I sent a check in the mail for the house payment. The holder of the loan to this day hasn't cashed the check. I know they got it because I had a tracking number on the envelope.

So when September rolled around I used the bill pay and sent in $2000 for the payment. The loan holder sent the money back to my bank account which I didn't realize because after this its set up on auto pay through my banks billpay. October the $1000 amount is sent auto and the loan holder sends it back. I happen to sit down in the middle of October to do my filing of papers and login to the bank and I see this. So I send a $3500 payment thinking maybe I didn't send enough and that to was also sent back.

I called the home loan and they will not talk to me because we are in a BK. Our case was confirmed and we are making the payments to the trustee. I don't get any statements in the mail from them so I don't know if our account number has changed or what. All the money from these payments are sitting in the account. We have our property taxes that are coming due in December. Part of our house payment goes to pay the taxes. So I don't know if I need to go pay the taxes out of pocket or not.

I am going to sit down and email our lawyer and find out what to do. I just want to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

Yes, please hold the payments in a separate account if you can. The only one that can get through this is your attorney because you are represented by an attorney. The bank may not have figured out that you were confirmed or they are behind or don't know that you are paying directly.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had the same thing happen. I finally tried paying the house payment directly through the lender's website (allowing them to ACH debit my checking account) and this did the trick.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X