top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ONE payment left and NDC changed my plan base?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONE payment left and NDC changed my plan base?!?!

I'm on my last payment of a five year plan. NDC showed that I was Eligible for Audit. Now it went back to an OPEN status and my plan base went from $48K to $58K...this is not only concerning but it's pissingn me off. I can't get a hold of my attorney and the trustee hasn't responded. So what do I do? Do I make my last payment and then stop paying? I'm pretty pissed off

You will need to speak with the Trustee's office and/or your attorney. In many cases, the plan base does in fact change. Some Trustees update it often/annually and especially after receiving a surrendered tax refund. Others may wait until the audit to determine whether the plan base is accurate. Check to see how much you paid in versus the plan base. You can see how much you paid because it shows as "total paid into plan". If the plan base is more than your "total paid into plan" + your last payment, then there could be a shortfall. (It happens.)

Since I can't really tell you what the problem is, you will definitely need to speak with your attorney who will need to speak with the Trustee's office.

As for making your last payment... absolutely. You should always make your last payment. Please let us know what happens next.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It was really strange. My plan base literally just two weeks ago was 48,000. I've paid 46,750.00 with one payment of 1,250 left.

Then just last week, it went to 58,800. Percentage paid to unsecured went from 10% to 24%.

How one can they do this after the 59th payment? I also thought I couldn't exceed 60 months in a chapter 13?

i will try to call my crappy attorney again on Monday and Report back

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X