This is the last day to file a claim with my Chapter 13 plan and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the last day to file a claim with my Chapter 13 plan and

Today, 12/12/216 is the last day to file a claim and about 95% of my creditors did. I asked my attorney this and of course his answer was generic are not at all so I come here. When my payment plan was approved on 11/7/2016 I did see on the NDC website where it read
    Percentage to Unsecured 10.00%
    Does that mean that I only have to pay 10% of my unsecured creditors? I hope so, I do know that all of this can change and I am sure it will but I could use the help and thank you.

I would not read too much into what the NDC has as far as payment percentage. In fact, the percentage of payback does not matter. The fact is that your disposable monthly income (DMI) is what matters most as that reflects the actual money coming out of your pocket each month.

You will pay your DMI. If your DMI pays the unsecured creditors 10%, then they'll get a minimum of 10%.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      I would not read too much into what the NDC has as far as payment percentage. In fact, the percentage of payback does not matter. The fact is that your disposable monthly income (DMI) is what matters most as that reflects the actual money coming out of your pocket each month.

You will pay your DMI. If your DMI pays the unsecured creditors 10%, then they'll get a minimum of 10%.
      As always justbroke, thank you. I wish you where my attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by lukesky View Post
        As always justbroke, thank you. I wish you where my attorney.
        LOL! I wish I was someone's attorney so I can make some money!!! Well, I suppose I must first get my J.D. and then, and only then, could I be someone's attorney.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL! I wish I was someone's attorney so I can make some money!!! Well, I suppose I must first get my J.D. and then, and only then, could I be someone's attorney.
          What is a J.D. justbroke?

Comment

What is a J.D. justbroke?
            A law degree known as a Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.).

Comment

A law degree known as a Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.).
              Nice, thank you justbroke, go for it!

Comment

Nice, thank you justbroke, go for it!
                If you want to move to/practice in California, you can get your JD online through Concord or Taft University.

Comment

Originally posted by leonel9 View Post
                  If you want to move to/practice in California, you can get your JD online through Concord or Taft University.
                  I actually looked into these programs and the California seems to be the only bar association that allows a law degree online (and restricted to California practice). And that's the kicker... the restriction. I would want to practice in Florida!

Comment

I actually looked into these programs and the California seems to be the only bar association that allows a law degree online (and restricted to California practice). And that's the kicker... the restriction. I would want to practice in Florida!

Florida would be wise to have you !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X