Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing taxes in NJ

Hello,

I have two questions. When preparing tax returns do you need to report anywhere you are in Chapter 13. My accountant is a family friend and I don't want him to know my business. Just making sure I don't need to disclose it to him.

Also, I live in NJ and this is my first year filing taxes after confirmation. My lawyer told me when we filed that I do not have to hand over my refund to the trustee. Anyone from NJ that can confirm this? There is nothing in my confirmation order related to tax refunds and nothing on the trustee website.

Thanks for any feedback!

While I'm not a tax professional and this is not tax advice, there is nowhere on the tax return that I indicated that either filed Chapter 13 or that I was in a Chapter 13.

I can't confirm NJ practice.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was a CPA in NJ. There is nowhere on either state or federal return that asks any question about whether you are in bankruptcy.

I don't know about your refund. Ask your attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X