2nd Lien Strip, my attorney is done with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Lien Strip, my attorney is done with me

So I was discharged back in Dec from my C13. All good. My attorney has not responded to my request on what to do in order to strip the 2nd from my home. So... In LA County. Do I take the discharge letter I received from the court and just go to my local records office? Is there a special discharge letter for lien strips? Thanks
    California Chapter 13

From what someone posted on this forum, getting a 2nd lien discharged in a Chapter 13 in California may be a little more complex than just filing a discharge order. You should really sit down with your existing attorney and ask what you should do and whether you should retain them to make sure the 2nd lien is "satisfied".

Before you do that, you could think about contacting the lien holder, reminding them that the lien was voided and discharged in the bankruptcy, and you are expecting that they file a satisfaction of lien immediately.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X