after filing a 13 I noticed my Mortgage interest rate could be lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after filing a 13 I noticed my Mortgage interest rate could be lower

Can I now try to get refinanced under a HARP2? Of course my credit rating is < 500 but 6.5% to around 4% would help the new 5 year plan budget.
    TIA

Yes. You will likely need permission from the Trustee and the court. It's a simple process. Also, some bankruptcy courts have loan modification programs for Chapter 13 debtors that are built-in to the local procedures. I don't know if your State/court has such a program. Our program in Florida is income based and resets the mortgage payments to 31% of income.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This would be like a $200 a month decrease, will my 13 plan need to be changed?

Comment

If there is more DMI exposed, I'm sure the Trustee would like some of that in the plan. Yes, the plan will change because the payments to the creditor would change. It could expose more DMI and that may be subject to going to the Trustee after you would do a new Means Test.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

DW and I did a HARP in ch13. Have to have 12 months on time payments. if you have a 2nd it is a little more painful, But came be done. [we did].
          I think Harp is on the way out this year,
          we went from 6.375 to 3.375 22 years left on 30 to 15 year dropped $100 Didn't hear a thing from trustee. We used Quicken loans.

Comment

Nice Mavric, did your credit score matter?

Comment

5yrplan.... If I remember right ,as long as you don't go over 20% more of what you are paying now[after running the numbers] .
              They look at credit a lot less. My scores were in the low 600
              I would just call quicken and ask what it would take or [WHAT IF] I know it can be done while in a BK 13.
              PS Some lenders have there own overlays , Quicken has it down to a art, I looked a 3-4 lenders and QL worked great for me

Comment

I ran an online qualifier which said I don't qualify for HARP because my loan didn't originate before 2009, says 2013, I don't recall a refi in 2013. I'll check with my current lender NationStar.
                Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X