top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How frikkin long does it take to get the Order Confirming Chapter 13?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How frikkin long does it take to get the Order Confirming Chapter 13?!!

My confirmation was on 10/22. Prior to that, my attorney and Trustee FINALLY came to an agreement that appeased the Trustee and avoided court entirely. I noted in PACER it says "PLAN CONFIRMED - HOLD" on my documents history but the status still shows "Awaiting Confirmation Hearing." I know courts are slow and clerks are even slower (I work for lawyers) so how long does it usually take for that Order to be processed and sent out to all parties involved?

I think I wrote this before, but plan confirmation can take, even after agreement with the Trustee, many weeks. My plan was "approved" by the Trustee in open court 6 months after filing. My plan was not entered and signed, by the court, until an additional 2 months from the agreement in open court that the Trustee agreed with the plan. That means mine was about average and was 8 months to have an actual order of confirmation.

Remember, a Chapter 13 is a marathon. It doesn't operate at a speed which most people expect. It is very slow. The fact is that the Chapter 13 Standing Trustees are swamped, have several staff attorneys, have some even higher number of clerks and general office workers, and still have mountains of data to process, verify, and re-verify. Even then, they make mistakes and it does take time. (The average Standing Trustee could be handling 3,000-5,000 active Chapter 13 cases. With that type of case load, they typically work certain things on certain days only during certain times of the month.)

So, if your Trustee agreed, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about. it's just paperwork at this point. The Trustee's office, usually one of the Trustee's staff attorneys, will eventually send a proposed order to the judge's clerk. The judge's clerk will eventually get it in front of the judge during their chamber's time, and it will finally be docketed.

I made my last payment to the Trustee in May. I just noticed that on Thursday, they finally sent their "final" report (some 6 months after my last payment). The court has not yet closed my case. I will continue to wait.

Welcome to Chapter 13.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

v e r y s l o w
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Ugggghhhhhh!!

Comment

Hang in there sister.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X