top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dismiss Chapter 13 or Keep Plugging Away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dismiss Chapter 13 or Keep Plugging Away?

Any idea if I dismiss my Chapter 13 if my mortgage company will work with me or will the arrears just be due ASAP? Should I try to modify? Its a VA Home Loan mortgage co is Mr Cooper; never tried to modify have no clue how it works I think mortgage arrears is about $7K owed. Should I try to modify before dismissing? What's my chances?

My idea situation would be to modify my mortgage get it out of my Chap 13 get rid of car(2013 Luxury SUV) get reasonable vehicle and payment with IRS then file Chapter 7 but not sureI wish I had the $7k outright but I don't any advice on how to proceed? Or do I just keep plugging away on current plan? Looking for any words or wisdom or insight? Thanks, desperately want a change in 2020!

You are more likely to get a loan mod and have an easier experience with Mr Cooper from within ch13. You'll be working with better trained BK-aware loan mod folks rather than the rest of the loan mod department. Your ch13 budget and plan proves you can afford things at the current amounts. Of course its much better for you to be considered current and have arrearages put in the loan balance. Some BK courts have an expensive court supervised loan mod program so the lender might be even more motivated than usual to work with you in good faith.

Comment

Thanks for responding currently going to try to modify my chap 13 plan to pay more toward arrears less to IRS to hopefully get mortgage arrears paid. I'll update my results!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X