Non-communicative Ch 13 atty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-communicative Ch 13 atty

Hello everyone - I think I'm just venting here more than anything else...my attorney - who as a person is super nice and been ... good thus far, is HORRIBLE at communicating. Emails go unanswered for DAYS on end - always to him and his assistant - if ever answered.

Sometimes I don't know what to do. I know I'm not the only client and certainly not a "fancy lawyer" client...but - I'm pulling my hair out...I don't want to tick him off but...I don't know what to do...at best he last minutes...

After confirmation, most Chapter 13 attorneys have extremely limited conversations and interaction with debtors. That's because the no-look fee that was paid, typically only includes most representation until confirmation. If you really need them, make an appointment and don't depend on email and phone. Otherwise, they'll treat it as a "confirmed" chapter 13 that just has "some" questions.

If they are really stubborn, then go to their office and sit outside if you need to. Again, most of this is because of how Chapter 13 representation usually works. As you get towards the end, it seems as if they completely forgotten that you are their client.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X